Status
Please reply by conversation.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
i would like to record programs from my pvr-800 receiver. when i look at the signal on my panasonic recorder i have to go to 480 resolution in order to record. at target i could not figure out if the new dvr recorders would work. anyone have any info on this? charlie

The SSO (Solomend, Sathawk, Openbox) you have to force it to 480i to be able to use the rca plugs. Otherwise it wont work
PLus even if its recorded in 720p or 1080i most DVD recorders only record in 480 so it downconverts

that recorder is what i was looking for. i think i will recommend it to my wife for a christmas present, or maybe thanksgiving? i like where it says you can record in hd and then transfer it to a regular dvd for playing on a regular dvd player. thanks for the info. charlie

You should be able to PVR the show on the receiver, then transfer the show to your computer. You can then either leave the show in the resolution it was recorded in for playback on the computer or a media player device. This way you maintain the quality of the picture as received since there is no digital to analog to digital conversion. (i.e. re-recording the analog output of the satellite receiver) For a standard DVD player, you can convert the show to the resolution required and burn it to a DVD. (you can also edit the show as required)

I put the .TS, .MPG, or .MP4, or other files on a server on my home LAN, and play 'em back with a Western Digital Live Plus media player in the living room, in 720 or 1080, or whatever.
This is discussed in other threads, and I won't repeat it here.

Do you want to make compatible DVDs other people can play, or just have your HD shows on discs for your own use?
Reason I ask, is there's an actual solution to that problem! :)
Several friends have the top of the line Samsung BluRay players, with LAN access so they can do Netflix, Youtube, and more.
So, with all the required codex, they can also play home made DVDs with files in all the common formats, including HD .mkv, .mp4, .avi, etc.

But if all you want to do is make real DVDs others can play, then a program called ConvertXtoDVD is what I use.
Don't have to know much; put in the files, fire it up, and walk away.

Oh, and I edit with VideoReDo, regardless of the format, but that will cost you a couple of dollars.
I've used it for 5..6 years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)