Recording Music Channels

gqmagic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
Pasadena, Ca
I want to record the music channels on a cd or ? to play in my car. Do I use a CD recorder or DVD recorder, or somehow connect a computer? I don't have an ipod yet, but it seems cd's sound better through car stereos than ipods do.
Thanks

ts reader... or maybe line out from speaker out in satellite receiver to line in in computer's sound card + audacity.

If you have a "multi-format" dvd recorder like I do...its simple.

Take the "red and white" cables out of your receiver, and plug then in to one of the inputs of your recorder. My DVD recorder (Lite-on LVW 5005) has options, so you can tell it to record on DVD+-R/W or CR-R/w. When you insert the CD-R into the recorder, it will ask you what you want to put on the disk. (audio disk, VCD, or SVCD.) Choose audio CD and wait. Once the disk is prepared, select the source and push record. Come back 80 mins later and finalize the disk.

There you go, you have a perfect 80 min track on your CD with your choice of music! (too bad you can split the track up, as you can't do that with mine unless you sit there and manually stop the recorder and restart it in between every song.)

Hope that helps!
Scott

"PS:" you can also use your computer to do this like "mastermesh " said. Just take the red and white audio out of your receiver, and plug them in to the computer. (you may need a mini-jack adapter) Download a free audio editing program (I use audacity as well) and hit record, and there you go. Stop the track at the desired length, export it to WAV and burn it on a CD using Nero, or any other burring program.)

I cant recall the name but on amazon I bought a tiny mp3 player that records from a line-in
just get a rca to mini and your set. Play or feed the cd music from your sat box to the mp3 recorder. USB connects the recorder to your pc for transfer of the file. No mp3 rippers or converters. Im able to record in 192Kbps. Sounds great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)