recording OTA on a VCR?

chipinoh

Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
O-H! I-O!
Hello,

My In-laws have a 311 standard-def receiver, a vcr, and an old tv without a digital tuner. If they dropped their local channels from Dish, could they use an OTA antenna plugged into the receiver to view & record standard-def digital OTA?

Thanks in advance.

Well if we hadn't just gone through the digital conversion that idea would have worked. Since the Digital Conversion there is no signal for that TV or the VCR to see. You need a digital converter box and the $40 coupons are no longer available so start shopping eBay has had some cheap prices.

I think the question is can the 311 tune in the OTA programming and then can he send it to the VCR. Unfortunately it has no OTA tuner of any kind so no it will not work.

As you said he coudl buy a converter box and hook it up to the set or VCR.

The OTA connection on the back of the Dish box is a pass-through only not, as the previous poster stated, a tuner, NTSC, ATSC or otherwise.

I thought that DISHSUBLA was saying that either I or boba claimed it had a tuner of some kind. At this point the only thing I am sure of is that no one actually thinks it has a tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)