recording question, which is best, DVR or Seek?

marklyn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 24, 2023
Austin, Tx
I set some DVR recordings up by choosing them in the guide and they show up in the Scheduled list as "DVR".
Some of my recordings were set up under "Seek" instead. Now that new shows are on the horizon should I cancel those scheduled times for "Seek" and find them in the guide and set them to record that way? Or, does it make a difference, especially since my "Seek" scheduled recordings are set for 'only new'?
Is one way or the other better, more consistent to work?

Marklyn

Are you recording major national network shows (ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox) or are they on ESPN, Discovery, or another cable/Satellite network, maybe both?

On the Hopper 3 the 4 major networks are automatically recorded during prime time when Prime Time Any TIme is enabled.

These are deleted after, I believe, 8 days so if you want to save them to have to manually save them to view later than after eight days.

I never use seek timers because they record too much, picking up shows by name from any channel.

I use programs picked from the guide and use the record series and usually new only. Sometimes I pick up reruns if I have missed earlier years.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I DVR recordings for everything except a few sports team games. I use Seek for USC football and Bayern Munchen soccer (football in their part of the world.). :) That is because those games, even new, can be televised on various channels.

So use seek when you don't know what channel it could be on or if it's not in the guide yet? If it's in the guide, then record it from there to make a "DVR" recording. Does that sound right?

Reactions: charlesrshell