Edision Recordings Cut Off Early

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
I made my first two recordings using my Edision OS Mio+. Each stopped recording at the 40 and 44 minute mark instead of recording the full 60 minutes as programmed on each timer. I wonder why? When I set the timer, I left the default "After event" setting on auto. I wonder if this should be set to do nothing instead.

I have the original version, not the + model. I setup my recordings using the WebIF screen, and they are flawless. Be aware that IF you set recordings, and then switch between images, that can cause problems. With the original TNAP, and switching between any other image, the clock would jump all over the place.

Make sure your clock is set to use NTP time, and NOT transponder time, which is incorrect here more often than not.

My Mio+ has TNAP 3.2 as supplied by Titanium. I have always used NTP for time control. Since receiving my Edision, I have had to do a manual date/time update a couple times using NTP, but I believe only after doing restarts so that is to be expected. I normally leave my Edision powered at all times, especially if I have timers programmed.

I did a couple test recordings last night for 30 seconds and 1 hour. Both tests worked perfectly. I did change the "After event" setting to do nothing. I thought maybe auto means it automatically stops recording if it senses end of, loss or no signal. I prefer it simply to record the programmed time and stop.

Make sure your clock is set to use NTP time, and NOT transponder time, which is incorrect here more often than not.

Both my osmio4k receivers are setup for ntp time but the time jumps around on a daily basis. I've lost some recordings because of time jumping around.

My Mio+ has TNAP 3.2 as supplied by Titanium. I have always used NTP for time control. Since receiving my Edision, I have had to do a manual date/time update a couple times using NTP, but I believe only after doing restarts so that is to be expected. I normally leave my Edision powered at all times, especially if I have timers programmed.

I did a couple test recordings last night for 30 seconds and 1 hour. Both tests worked perfectly. I did change the "After event" setting to do nothing. I thought maybe auto means it automatically stops recording if it senses end of, loss or no signal. I prefer it simply to record the programmed time and stop.

Make sure that on your clock screen, you have: "Use RTC time from deep standby" turned to ON. (to the right). I also have: "Sync NTP every" set to 5 minutes.

I increased the NTP sync to every 5 minutes. After last night's recording attempt of a 2-hour movie, this morning the error " Write error while recording. Disk full? " was on the display. The recording stopped after 1 hour and 10 minutes. But the external hard disk has lots of space: 635 GB free space.

I have a couple of folders of shows recorded from two other devices (GSP microHD and Howeworx PVR). When I tried a Filesystem check on the disk using the Edision, it reported e2fsck -b 32768 error.../dev/sda1 contains a vfat file system labelled '123456789'. I suspect the other devices have created a different incompatible file system. I'm sure my action should be to format the hard disk using Edision and go from there.

Added: I initialized the hard disk. The filesystem error is gone. I'll now try recording with the fresh disk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)