Recordings on disabled 508.

jgz91354

Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
Will I be able to watch any saved recordings on a 508, if I disable it with Dish and disconnect it from my dish?

Thanks,

Jim

I deactivated my 508 on 2/21 when my 622 was installed. I removed it from my set-up prior to calling Dish Network. When I want to watch something on it, I hook it up to a TV and plug it in. It says it's "acquiring signal," so I just push the remote for DVR recordings, and they all show up.

You should have no problem watching any recordings you have left on your 508. :)

The 508 should make a good offliner as noted above by Charise. Mine is active, but I've taken it for extended travel to watch pre-recorded DVR events and had the same experience - it works great after a minute or so of "aquiring signal", just press the DVR/PVR button. In the rumor mill, I've heard the 501,508,510 series may get name search features in some future upgrade. With no DVR fee on the 501 and 508, they are real keepers should this ever occur.

I have heard in the past that if you leave the satellite connected to the receiver when deactivating a DVR then you will lose your recordings but I do not know if that is true or not.

Stargazer said:
I have heard in the past that if you leave the satellite connected to the receiver when deactivating a DVR then you will lose your recordings but I do not know if that is true or not.
I don't think that's true - but E* could change the rules on any software download.

Best bet is to pull; the satellite feed BEFORE you deactivate the box, then do as the others say, and press DVR when you get the "acquiring signal" message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)