recovering recorded stuff from bad 722

bucksy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
My 722 died and a new one is on its way, anyway to salvage whats recored on the old one?

My 722 died and a new one is on its way, anyway to salvage whats recored on the old one?
Define "died". If it is completely non-functional, then no. But if it's something else you might want to try your DVR button and see if you can access USB device, providing you have paid for the EHD service.

all menu items work but when you go to a channel all you get is black screen, however you do get the blue banner on to when you selet then it goes black.

I have the same problem with my 722 the only thing that wooks on it is the dvr i can watch anything on the dvr but not from the sat's. is there a way to get them from the old one to the new box?

Getting an external USB drive and getting the save service turned on is the only way. You can then send all the shows from your 722 to the USB drive, then when you get your new 722 you can either copy them to the new 722 or just view them on the USB drive using that 722.

could you just plug a usb cable to the bad one and then to the new one side by side and transfer the data that way if you have the save service turned on?

I'm pretty sure it need to go to an external hard drive first that has a usb input. Then you can move it over to the other 722 replacement receiver. Your old/broken 722 will have to be able to get a sat signal from somewhere briefly to know that you got your ext. hard drive activated. I was able to save most of my recordings when my 622 failed but it work good enough for a short time that was able to move most everything to ext hard drive. You may also have to keep your old/ broken activated in order to move everything to the ext. storage.

on the old 722 box i cant get a signal on any sat. I thought that i could get the ext.storage activated by the phone line didn't think it needed to see a sat. signal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)