Rectangular LNBF Arm

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rwcmick

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
I'm fiddling around with the 36" dish that my friend gave to me. The problem is that it has a rectangular rather than d-tube lnbf arm. I installed an I adaptor to mount the dish pro lnbf, but I didn't see the signal gain that I was expecting. Is there a chance that because the i-adapter extends the effective length of the lnbf arm, I am not getting the full strength? If this is the case, should I cut the LNBF arm down to compensate for the added length of the I adaptor?

My other option is that my friend offered me a Sadoun LNBF with a rectangular shaped LNBF feed bracket, but it's not dish pro, so that would be a problem for my dp21 switch. There isn't any other way to use it, is there?

I wouldn't mind investing in an Invacom LNBF either, but it's the same problem that I don't think it would play well with my dish pro stuff.

For those wondering what I'm doing...My wife and I frequently RV up in Oregon and we want to get our SF locals. I had the distants but now that they disappeared I'm holding off on filling out the RV waiver with NPS. I guess I'm just being stubborn. Anyway with the 36" dish, the I adaptor and a DP dual LNBF I am currently getting 47-50 signal strength on 110 spotbeam 26. I'd like to kick that up a notch.

We just got back from a hellish I-5 journey, so I won't be able to test out any theories back here at home, but I am tempted to try out these goodies to boost my 129 reception (just don't tell the wife).

Thanks!

look around for an old dish 300, take the arm off and try sliding it onto the existing arm if possible(probably not but...) (mounting the dp lnb on it) see if that works... (would only be a couple of inches or so longer... ) then maybe trimming the rectangular arm would be in order, keeping in mind the focal point etc... (just a thought)

If there is a holder for the LNB originally on the dish (not the I adapter), you could always gut the LNB to make it fit. The casing comes off rather easily and it would fit in the holder. You may need to wrap some tape around the throat to make it snug but it works :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)