Red MoCA, yet full bars...what does it mean?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sounds like an issue with the MoCA. What are your MoCA stats? YELLOW - BLUE - 3 - VIEW COUNTERS - PAGE DN to MoCA stats.

PAGE DN - Near the bottom - Stats under "MoCA Devices"

Need the TxUc PHY, RxUc PHY, RxUc RxPower for each connected device.

Okay...I'm seeing BIG difference between the two. MoCA 2 is significantly further away, and perhaps using "sub-par" cables:

MoCA 1:
TxUc PHY: 289187735
RxUc PHY: 289187735
Rx Power: -13 dBm

MoCA 2:
TxUC PHY: 61858974
RxUC PHY: 62179487
Rx Power: -56 dBm

I've had no real issues so far with MoCA 2, other than this "full bars, red MoCA" icon. Is this a sign of issues to come? MoCA 2 is probably at about 180 feet from the node, and using existing, older cables. Should I run new cables, or is this "okay"? Why "FULL BARS", yet "red"??

On the Hopper, MoCA is yellow. And it says the following for the farthest away Joey (which is probably about 160 feet away from the node, now that I mentally measure it):

TxUc: 163163596
RxUc: 152925243
Rex power: -47 dBm

Wiring is simple, with a solo node, two way splitter to each Joey. No taps.

The worst RxPower is about -63 so your device using the existing cables and 160-180ft (200ft is the max) has some issues. Are the existing cables RG6?

According to Dish, ANYTHING other than full green bars is unacceptable for the installer to leave in place.

3HaloODST said:
The worst RxPower is about -63 so your device using the existing cables and 160-180ft (200ft is the max) has some issues. Are the existing cables RG6?

According to Dish, ANYTHING other than full green bars is unacceptable for the installer to leave in place.

The installer didn't leave it this way. I moved the Joey to a further room. Checking the cabling, it's RG59. I'm buying new cable tomorrow.

I had this problem doing an 8 room hopper install. I had to put in a 44 switch with a power insertor to get the moca lvl up to green. your probably gonna have to call dish =/

Notice that's 200' Max from Joey to hopper. So if the Joey is 160'-180' from the node, how far is your Hopper from the node?

it may simply be too far. when you buy cable run a test line through your home at shortest distance possible. see if that works and go from there. the rg6 should help with the dbm levels, as will a shorter run. I am assuming it doesnt work now? (you never really said).

No, the Joey works just fine. Good picture quality and has stayed linked (knock on wood).

Distance from the Joey to the node is about 160'. Distance from the Hopper is about 165'.

I have 2 Joeys linked to a Hopper with no ethernet connection. The other Hopper is directly connected to my router. The non-connected Hopper and both Joeys show red Home Network Connection Status. They have no DHCP assigned IP addresses and have no Internet connection. If I try On Demand I get a warning that the Hopper/Joey cannot connect to the Internet.

In spite of all of the warnings and no connect signs all MRV functions work perfectly and BB@Home also works from any H/J so I think that the system indicators are a bit buggy.

The installer didn't leave it this way. I moved the Joey to a further room. Checking the cabling, it's RG59. I'm buying new cable tomorrow.

Its the cabling or it could also be the splitter. Don't use a cheap $3.99 splitter, the better quality one you buy the better luck you are going to have with MoCA. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)