Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
Well my wife got a big kick out of this today!

My son bought a 1988 IROC-Z yesterday up in PA and we brought it home on a trailer. So after church, I worked on my satellite dish while my son worked on his new car. Wife took a bunch of pictures and called it Red-Neck Heaven!!! Well I guess that is about right.

Attachments

• DishCarDog.JPG
    DishCarDog.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 245
  • RedNeckHeaven.JPG
    RedNeckHeaven.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 271
  • DishDogCar.JPG
    DishDogCar.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 279
Looks about like my yard...always working on 2-3 projects at the same time:D

The car insurance company is going to love you!

Yah, I thought of that. My brother-in-law kept asking what the number was for insurance - - - I kept saying alot!!

Right now it a project car - - - 305 TPI, 5 speed, T-Tops - - - it does run but needs some work.

Hot car as well as a nice dish! I guess there must be some hillbilly in me after all! All that is missing in them pics is a gal in Daisy-Dukes winking at us! Hope the dish is up and running before the car is!

I had a 79 RS with the 305 that got great gas mileage, wish I had it now...

Back then a friend of mine had a set of wheels like that but I do not remember what year it actually was. He never talked about the great gas mileage but he did mention about some great @as! :D

Not quite red neck heaven, the car is not on blocks and the dish doesn't have bullet holes!lol Still looks like your having fun though, hope those hands help you set up the dish.

Not red neck at all. Maybe if it was a dully pickup truck thats a proper thread title. Nice car what kind of work does it need?

It runs but not too well

Not red neck at all. Maybe if it was a dully pickup truck thats a proper thread title. Nice car what kind of work does it need?
First thing my son did was remove the top of the engine and completely clean behind the throttle blades and replaced those three gaskets (left, right and front) of the throttle intake.This helped a bit but it still idles kinda rough. It has lots of power but timing may be off a bit - - - it definitely is not completely burning the gasoline.Runs much better once it warms up.Needs 4 new tires, Air Mass Sensor and some other sensors. It has a "Check Engine" light and we don't have the computer to pull the codes.For what we paid, it was a deal!!! Very much worth the drive to PA.

First thing my son did was remove the top of the engine and completely clean behind the throttle blades and replaced those three gaskets (left, right and front) of the throttle intake.This helped a bit but it still idles kinda rough. It has lots of power but timing may be off a bit - - - it definitely is not completely burning the gasoline.Runs much better once it warms up.Needs 4 new tires, Air Mass Sensor and some other sensors. It has a "Check Engine" light and we don't have the computer to pull the codes.For what we paid, it was a deal!!! Very much worth the drive to PA.

Check very carefully for cracked vacuum lines and replace as necessary. A lot of cars I've owned that had a rough idle benefited from new vacuum lines.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts