Red Sox in trouble? YES..Total Collapsed of the Red Sox-They are Dead!!! See ya in'07

Watched the great SOX defense play today. If thats the best in Baseball what a joke. And what is the MVP doing on the bench and Lorreta playing first? MVP oh please.

uhlesses said:
Watched the great SOX defense play today. If thats the best in Baseball what a joke. And what is the MVP doing on the bench and Lorreta playing first? MVP oh please.
Where is it stated that the Red Sox have the best D in baseball ?
I did not realize that ......

Jimbo

uhlesses said:

Seems to be a LOT of talk (on ESPN, etc.), that if the RedSox DO NOT make the playoffs (and IMO they WILL NOT), that Ortiz' chances of MVP are diminished greatly, especially if Jeter continues to bat over .330 and reach OVER 100+ RBIs.

And frankly I agree. When the Yanks suffered ALL the big injuries, DJ was HUGE in keeping the Yanks close to the Sox. Not only by being #2 in BA ALL season - #1 w/RISP, etc. (very consistent), but also by playing GREAT in the field.

I agree 100% that Ortiz is BY FAR AND AWAY the MOST CLUTCH HITTER in the game (as opposed to MVP), but if he is NOT ABLE to get his team to overcome ITS INJURIES (like Jeter) and get them into the playoffs - than it SHOULD be DJ. This is NOT a knock on Papi (I wish he was on my team), but rather a belief that Jeter's contributions have been WAY MORE valuable to his team and its Success FOR THE SEASON, than Ortiz' and its PART-TIME success this year.

Yanks WIN Again (first game at least) - again NO Matsui, NO Sheffield (both out since May - not only since 2 days ago).

Injuries are NOT an excuse at the pro level - even the players say it!

It really seems to me that some of the Sox have Quit (Ramirez for one), and even management has given up, since the papers are reporting that they are trading David Wells (who pitched better than the others against the Yankees last week).

In all sincerity, I never thought that the Yankees facing the season without Sheff and Matsui would be in the race at this time, let alone leading the east by 8 games. Love them or hate them, you have to honestly admit that the baby bombers stepped up big time this year so far. Even the old man 'Bernie' has done much more than anyone would have expected.

Seems to me that letting Johhny Damon go will become the BIGGEST mistake made by Boston in some time (maybe all the way back to selling the Babe), that's how much of an impact Damon is for NY, and WAS for the Sox.

Red Sox are waiving the white Flag. David Wells is up for grab right now. The sox have today and tomorrow to make the deal.

ScoBuck said:
Seems to be a LOT of talk (on ESPN, etc.), that if the RedSox DO NOT make the playoffs (and IMO they WILL NOT), that Ortiz' chances of MVP are diminished greatly, especially if Jeter continues to bat over .330 and reach OVER 100+ RBIs.

And frankly I agree. When the Yanks suffered ALL the big injuries, DJ was HUGE in keeping the Yanks close to the Sox. Not only by being #2 in BA ALL season - #1 w/RISP, etc. (very consistent), but also by playing GREAT in the field.

I agree 100% that Ortiz is BY FAR AND AWAY the MOST CLUTCH HITTER in the game (as opposed to MVP), but if he is NOT ABLE to get his team to overcome ITS INJURIES (like Jeter) and get them into the playoffs - than it SHOULD be DJ. This is NOT a knock on Papi (I wish he was on my team), but rather a belief that Jeter's contributions have been WAY MORE valuable to his team and its Success FOR THE SEASON, than Ortiz' and its PART-TIME success this year.

Actually, Joe Mauer is # 1 and Placido Polanco is # 2 in RISP. (BA)
But I agree with what your saying Yanks doing much better than expected with all the injuries.

Jimbo

The Red Sox plan to resume their efforts to acquire center fielder Andruw Jones from the Braves in the off-season. The first part of that plan, of course, is to trade disappointing center fielder Coco Crisp.
-- Newark Star-Ledger

CNNSI...

All though we have had a lot of injuries in the second half of the season, the Sox would have a minimum of a 105 wins if they were in the NL East. Stick the Devil Rays in the NL East and they would be the 2nd best team. Reality is the Sox have sucked in the 2nd half, and the Yankees have played well, but lets no go over board the team needs tweaks not an overhaul.

Derek Jeter was on the Red Sox bench? (Know this is late, but I've been away and couldn't resist).

uhlesses said:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)