Red Sox tonight not in HD?

I must apologize for my sarcastic comment then. But living in one of the markets that does not have locals I get tired of hearing people complain that there pics are not perfect or drop out or whatever the complaint of the day is. When I would be happy with a local in SD Once again I apologize for my comment
:up

I don't ever remember this happening until tonight. When the Bruins are on I can see. Not to mention Friday night's game was joined in progress (JIP).

Again, I was lied to. I was told the Boston RSN were in HD. I get only home games for the C's, and now I am getting screwed with NESN.

Good to see I get F* for bandwidth reasons, yet as a Turbo sub don't get any of those channels!

Same for the Kc- cleveland game.
STO shows it as hd, but dish is showing it and the pregame in sd:mad:
Are you sure you were on the HD channel? I just watched the game in HD....the Indians bullpen was just as bad in HD tonight.

I noticed the game not in HD myself. I called customer service and they escalated me to a tech who spoke English as a primary language. Too bad he didn't know anything about regional sports networks. His response was "sounds like a signal strength issue, we'll send a tech out for you". When I aske if he could check and see whether or not Dish carried the game in HD he told me they do not carry any Red Sox games in HD. When I told him I had watched nearly every game in HD this season he told me I wasn't supposed to be receiving them as part of my package (Turbo HD Gold).

He then asked me if I wanted a tier 2 tech to come out and check my signal strength. grrrrr.....

Now I can understand why so many folks think the service sucks. It does. Just be honest. Tell us you don't have the bandwidth and it's not a priority :(

The Sox game should have been broadcast in HD tonight. That is if Dish wants to remain competitive with Direct. If they are maxed on bandwidth then fix it or drop maybe a Pirates game instead .. who cares. Bring on the Pirates fans (or that guy from LA) .........

I've had it up to here w/Dish's inconsistencies. It's not just the NESN issue(but for me the most important) but lack of knowledge by their staff about consumer issues. I followed the lead from earlier poster and sent an email to 'ceo' I don't expect much of a reply! I'll be moving(legit) soon and I'm investigating 'D' since they show sports the way I expect. Paul

Guys, save your breath. I've emailed customer service, called customer service, emailed ceo address and chatted with online reps. NO ONE at Dish has a clue (or cares) about the HD RSN bandwidth issue.

Guys, save your breath. I've emailed customer service, called customer service, emailed ceo address and chatted with online reps. NO ONE at Dish has a clue (or cares) about the HD RSN bandwidth issue.

I did get a very nice email back from NESN's public relations dept.

My take is that this was a Dish issue -lack of HD bandwith.

I did get a very nice email back from NESN's public relations dept.

My take is that this was a Dish issue -lack of HD bandwith.

My neighbor has Direct and he has said all the Twins game that were supposed to be in HD WERE in HD....with Dish it can be hit and miss whether Dish is going to broadcast the game in HD due to bandwith issues........and from reading this thread I have concluded that this has happened to most of our teams on different occassions and Dish really doesnt give a sh**.

I actually got a response from the ceo address when I wrote in to complain about the fact that one of the Mariners games wasn't in HD on Dish (when I knew for sure it was available on Comcast and that Fox Sports Northwest was broadcasting in HD):

"At this time of year, while NBA and NHL and MLB are all in season, we are getting more HD games offered to us than we had the bandwidth to support. When this happens, we have to drop games. Each of our providers get a schedule indicating what games we are actually scheduled to air, but not all get their websites updated accordingly."

So at least there is an admission from someone at Dish about the bandwidth issue. The excuse, of course, about the NHL and NMBA is ridiculous because those leagues are in the playoffs and not having any games on RSNs.

And to make it worse for those of us on the West Coast, we sometimes get what happened earlier this week: the M's game was "Joined in Progress" - when I tuned into Fox Sports NORTHWEST, I was watching the Marlins play because their game didn't end in time. So they're sharing channels AND axing games in HD.

It's ridiculous, of course, to expect any of the RSNs to identify whether the game is in HD on each of the providers so the comment from Dish is disingenuous at best. For now, we'll all just live in the dark as to the magic formula of who gets their game in HD...

"At this time of year, while NBA and NHL and MLB are all in season, we are getting more HD games offered to us than we had the bandwidth to support. When this happens, we have to drop games. Each of our providers get a schedule indicating what games we are actually scheduled to air, but not all get their websites updated accordingly."

Nice of them to give of a response but it really doesn't address the fact that the bandwidth limitations are SELF IMPOSED. Dish chooses not to dedicate enough TP space to HD RSN's. By all accounts, they have enough space if they want to do it correctly.

When the Red Sox are not on NESN main be sure to check all of the Alt channels. When NESN was doing the Bruins they had the Red Sox on the Alt in HD. DIRECTV carried it. Did not check DiSH Network.

One of the primary reasons why I switched from E* to D* was to be able to sub to MLB:EI and watch NESN HD Red Sox games here in Wisconsin. Quality has been excellent. If I ranked my areas of highest satisfaction with D*, watching the Red Sox in HD would #1 on my list.

Much further down would be my experience with D*'s HR21 HD DVR.

I actually got a response from the ceo address when I wrote in to complain about the fact that one of the Mariners games wasn't in HD on Dish (when I knew for sure it was available on Comcast and that Fox Sports Northwest was broadcasting in HD)

I'm glad they sent you a response. My email must have gotten lost in the shuffle. I can imagine that they had many to choose from!
;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)