Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo,in a zone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that Cincinnati Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo has hit 2 HRs in his last 2 appearances (1st two appearances for him this season).The HR he hit today against the Cubs in Chicago didn't just clear the fence or made it to the bleachers,he parked that one out on Waveland Ave....I know there have been alot of HRs knocked out of Wrigley Field over the years,but,how many of them were hit by pitchers?I've been around for awhile,and have watched alot of baseball in my time,but I've never heard of a MLB pitcher hitting 2 HRs in 2 consecutive appearances in my time.Seems like an odd occurance to me.Are the balls "juiced" that much this season?Could it be that he's just a healthy,strong guy that just happens to be a pitcher?Could he be "juiced" (steroids) himself? :confused: He was acquired by the Reds from the Red Sox,so,he never had to do very much,if any any hitting in the AL.Thought this would make for an interesting thread.

Last edited:
Yes, He is the 2nd pitcher in major league history to do the feat. My Reds now have a good pitcher who can also hit. Let's just hope they can get good pitching from the rest of the staff. Everybody already knows they can hit, I think they hit the most homers in the NL last year. The only problem last year was I think they gave up the most homers too.

I have an open Yahoo! Photobook for SatelliteGuys to which I have added my photos from April 5th's game between the Cubs and the Reds. Arroyo hit his first Major League HR in that game (sorry; didn't get a picture of that) but there were plenty of fireworks, both from the Reds' bats and the mortor tubes celebrating the same.

You'll need to scroll down past all the infrastructure pix...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)