Redskins' Sean Taylor Dies...

Who murdered Sean Taylor?

Surprising that he passed, but not surprising that he was involved in crime and gun play. This guy was a walking disaster; he was a convicted criminal. I don't buy his lawyer's statement that he was shot by individuals obviously trying to rob his home. Nothing was taken and the so-called thieves broke down his bedroom door to shoot him.

"Sharpstein said Taylor's girlfriend told him the couple was awakened by loud noises, and Taylor grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection. Someone then broke through the bedroom door and fired two shots, one missing and one hitting Taylor, Sharpstein said."

"It could have been a possible burglary; it could have been a possible robbery," Miami-Dade Police Lt. Nancy Perez said. "It has not been confirmed as yet."

"The shooting came about a week after someone pried open a front window, rifled through drawers and left a kitchen knife on a bed at Taylor's home, according to police."

It wasn't a burglary and it wasn't a robbery...it was most likely a planned murder. Regarding the incident a week prior...what kind of burglar leaves a knife on the bed? I've heard of a mint being left on the pillow, but a knife?

Leaving a knife on someone's bed is a sign for something other than robbery...
Exactly! I am getting just a little tired of the Washington DC area television coverage (he was a Redskin) portraying this punk as a victim when he was most likely involved in criminal activity or associated with gang-bangers. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that a fellow Miami Hurricane was involved in his murder...perhaps even a fellow Hurricane and Redskin like Clinton "Vick can do what he wants" Portis who recently said, "I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog...If that's what he wants to do, do it...I think people should mind their business." When told that dog fighting was illegal he replied, "It can't be too bad of a crime."

What the hell do they teach these player down at Miami U?:no

University of Miami, Thug, convicted felon (that's why he didnt have a gun). Why do the Skins keep drafting these kids with character problems?

Surprising that he passed, but not surprising that he was involved in crime and gun play. This guy was a walking disaster; he was a convicted criminal. I don't buy his lawyer's statement that he was shot by individuals obviously trying to rob his home. Nothing was taken and the so-called thieves broke down his bedroom door to shoot him.

"Sharpstein said Taylor's girlfriend told him the couple was awakened by loud noises, and Taylor grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection. Someone then broke through the bedroom door and fired two shots, one missing and one hitting Taylor, Sharpstein said."

"It could have been a possible burglary; it could have been a possible robbery," Miami-Dade Police Lt. Nancy Perez said. "It has not been confirmed as yet."

"The shooting came about a week after someone pried open a front window, rifled through drawers and left a kitchen knife on a bed at Taylor's home, according to police."

It wasn't a burglary and it wasn't a robbery...it was most likely a planned murder. Regarding the incident a week prior...what kind of burglar leaves a knife on the bed? I've heard of a mint being left on the pillow, but a knife?

Please, please, please FIND WHERE HE WAS CONVICTED OF A CRIME...:rolleyes:

- Driving under the influence of alcohol....though not smart at all, I am willing to bet that at least a quarter of the members of Satelliteguys have done it once or twice and most of the time, never caught.
- Arrested for brandishing a gun when his ATV was stolen....AGAIN, stupid.
Hell, we have one thread in the PIT where a guy KILLED 2 guys robbing the house next door....and lot of people think he is some kind of hero. And this is AFTER he told 9-1-1 operator that he was GONNA SHOOT him. Taylor didn't shoot anybody when he tried to get his ATVs back. AND oh by the way, they didn't have to hunt him down, he turned himself in.....and one more thing, the charges were DROPPED.

He is just a prime example that once these guys get to the pro level, they gotta let go of that thug mentality. ALL reports indicate that since his child had been born, team officials and players stated he matured quite a bit. Too bad really, he was one of the best players in the NFL.

- Driving under the influence of alcohol....though not smart at all, I am willing to bet that at least a quarter of the members of Satelliteguys have done it once or twice and most of the time, never caught.
Hell, we have one thread in the PIT where a guy KILLED 2 guys robbing the house next door....and lot of people think he is some kind of hero. And this is AFTER he told 9-1-1 operator that he was GONNA SHOOT him. Taylor didn't shoot anybody when he tried to get his ATVs back. AND oh by the way, they didn't have to hunt him down, he turned himself in.....and one more thing, the charges were DROPPED.

He is just a prime example that once these guys get to the pro level, they gotta let go of that thug mentality. ALL reports indicate that since his child had been born, team officials and players stated he matured quite a bit. Too bad really, he was one of the best players in the NFL.

I agree here. I did the stupid act of driving under the influence of Alcohol a number if times in my youth. Looking back, it was the single most stupid thing I have ever done, and I thank God for convicting me of how dumb it was without having to hurt someone else or myself.

The whole brandishing a gun thing... well, any man that pulls a gun out just to wheel it around and threaten someone with it without a probable cause of life threatening self defense, is a thug. I personally have a concealed weapons permit, and do carry a concealed pistol some times, and never would I consider pulling it out, unless my life, or someone else's life was in danger from someone trying to take it... and it would have to be the absolute last resort. That is what we are trained to do when we take the classes to obtain the permit.

This is obviously the same "thug" story that the NFL has seen in the last decade. Not only were Taylor's off field dealings causing his career problems, he was also one of the most fined players in the league. I remember he spit in someone's face in a playoff game. He is constantly getting fined for late hits. He misses team meetings, skips days at training camp. And for all of this, he was not liked by a lot of his team mates. he was generally regarded as a bad team player by many of the defensive players for the Redskins.

I am not saying I am glad he is gone or anything. I feel terrible that this kind of junk happens to good talent. But he did have it coming to him by the lifestyle he was living. I understand that many who were close to him witnessed that he was maturing greatly since the birth of his daughter, and that is great. But he should have thought about maturity before brandishing guns and being involved in the "thug life". Every decision we make as men and women good or bad will follow you for a long time in life. In this case, Taylor's bad decisions in recent years caught up with him even if he was changing to a mature human being.

Its like your mother always said, "think before you act, if you do something stupid it will come back to bite you in the butt later". At least my mom did.

Salsa, why do you continue to defend the scum of the earth? Are you looking for a job as defense council, posse, homeboy or entourage? Instead of standing up for what is Right, you always always side with those who are Wrong. Ugh! You need to stop being an enabler and facilitator of this criminal conduct and hold these people accountable for their actions. Perhaps if we had less fans with your attitude, then perhaps schools like Miami(FL) would stop producing thugs and felons, and start producing student athletes.;)

Now, regarding your question....Sean Taylor WAS CONVICTED of DUI and the evidence was overwhelming. And YES that conviction was later overturned due to a "technicality" and some slick lawyering. In this particular case, you are "technically" correct. Just like OJ Simpson, Mr. Taylor was not "technically" guilty in the eyes of the law for his crime, but we all know he did it.;)

As far as your assertion that "we all do stupid things like DUI, brandishing weapons, using drugs and punching out others"....my retort is that I maintain a high-level government clearance, TS/SCI Lifestyle Poly and have never done such things. Additionally, I work for company with 80,000 other individuals who don't subscribe to this misconduct. If we did, our clearances would be revoked and we would tossed out on our asses. Likewise, I work closely with members from other companies who are held to the same standards of personal conduct. Why the heck aren't you outraged that Mr. Taylor is being arrested and still playing football? Instead, you point to Mr. Taylor not be convicted because he has enough money to buy this way through the legal system.:rolleyes:

Moreover, regarding Mr. Taylor's felonious assault...he did plead GUILTY to a lesser charge thanks to his team of slick lawyers. While most people would have now have a felony conviction on their record, Mr. Taylor was allowed to donate his time and money in exchange for a misdemeanor CONVICTION. So yes, he was convicted...just not a felony conviction! I can honestly tell you that my ass would have been canned, yet again, if I had conducted myself in such a manner.

Additionally, where there is smoke there is fire. I can assure you this is only the tip of the iceberg (no offer to our own SatelliteGuys Iceberg) of questionable activity for this character. I also hear Mr. Taylor led an active childhood...and his Police Chief daddy probably bailed him out of more trouble than we can image. I wonder if his juvenile records can be released now that Mr. Taylor is deceased?

Anyway, just for future reference:

- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)...while stupid, is also a CRIME.
- Taking illegal drugs for recreational use...while stupid, is also a CRIME.
- An assault made upon others, not in defense of self or property, is a CRIME.
- Carrying a concealed weapon without a permit...is also a CRIME in most areas.

I agree here. I did the stupid act of driving under the influence of Alcohol a number if times in my youth. Looking back, it was the single most stupid thing I have ever done, and I thank God for convicting me of how dumb it was without having to hurt someone else or myself.

The whole brandishing a gun thing... well, any man that pulls a gun out just to wheel it around and threaten someone with it without a probable cause of life threatening self defense, is a thug. I personally have a concealed weapons permit, and do carry a concealed pistol some times, and never would I consider pulling it out, unless my life, or someone else's life was in danger from someone trying to take it... and it would have to be the absolute last resort. That is what we are trained to do when we take the classes to obtain the permit.

This is obviously the same "thug" story that the NFL has seen in the last decade. Not only were Taylor's off field dealings causing his career problems, he was also one of the most fined players in the league. I remember he spit in someone's face in a playoff game. He is constantly getting fined for late hits. He misses team meetings, skips days at training camp. And for all of this, he was not liked by a lot of his team mates. he was generally regarded as a bad team player by many of the defensive players for the Redskins.

I am not saying I am glad he is gone or anything. I feel terrible that this kind of junk happens to good talent. But he did have it coming to him by the lifestyle he was living. I understand that many who were close to him witnessed that he was maturing greatly since the birth of his daughter, and that is great. But he should have thought about maturity before brandishing guns and being involved in the "thug life". Every decision we make as men and women good or bad will follow you for a long time in life. In this case, Taylor's bad decisions in recent years caught up with him even if he was changing to a mature human being.

Its like your mother always said, "think before you act, if you do something stupid it will come back to bite you in the butt later". At least my mom did.

Come on Joe..spitting in a guys face makes you a thug?? Bill Romanowski not only did that, but step on guys and even broke teammates jaws? Did anyone call HIM a thug...or were the terms used like "hard nose player" There is no doubt he had a pasted. The brandishing the gun...AGAIN, was before his duaghter was born and it was with the issue with the ATVs....almost 2 years ago just like the rest of his issues.

I would not be surprised this had to do with the break-in on his house last week.....but let's be perfectly clear here...he WAS the victim.

Salsa, why do you continue to defend the scum of the earth? Are you looking for a job as defense council, posse, homeboy or entourage? Instead of standing up for what is Right, you always always side with those who are Wrong. Ugh! You need to stop being an enabler and facilitator of this criminal conduct and hold these people accountable for their actions. Perhaps if we had less fans with your attitude, then perhaps schools like Miami(FL) would stop producing thugs and felons, and start producing student athletes.;)

Now, regarding your question....Sean Taylor WAS CONVICTED of DUI and the evidence was overwhelming. And YES that conviction was later overturned due to a "technicality" and some slick lawyering. In this particular case, you are "technically" correct. Just like OJ Simpson, Mr. Taylor was not "technically" guilty in the eyes of the law for his crime, but we all know he did it.;)

As far as your assertion that "we all do stupid things like DUI, brandishing weapons, using drugs and punching out others"....my retort is that I maintain a high-level government clearance, TS/SCI Lifestyle Poly and have never done such things. Additionally, I work for company with 80,000 other individuals who don't subscribe to this misconduct. If we did, our clearances would be revoked and we would tossed out on our asses. Likewise, I work closely with members from other companies who are held to the same standards of personal conduct. Why the heck aren't you outraged that Mr. Taylor is being arrested and still playing football? Instead, you point to Mr. Taylor not be convicted because he has enough money to buy this way through the legal system.:rolleyes:

Moreover, regarding Mr. Taylor's felonious assault...he did plead GUILTY to a lesser charge thanks to his team of slick lawyers. While most people would have now have a felony conviction on their record, Mr. Taylor was allowed to donate his time and money in exchange for a misdemeanor CONVICTION. So yes, he was convicted...just not a felony conviction! I can honestly tell you that my ass would have been canned, yet again, if I had conducted myself in such a manner.

Additionally, where there is smoke there is fire. I can assure you this is only the tip of the iceberg (no offer to our own SatelliteGuys Iceberg) of questionable activity for this character. I also hear Mr. Taylor led an active childhood...and his Police Chief daddy probably bailed him out of more trouble than we can image. I wonder if his juvenile records can be released now that Mr. Taylor is deceased?

I hope all you goodie two shoes on here feel the same way when something this traggic happens to a member of your family. The story hasn't been released as to what happened, regardless no one should be ridiculed before the facts are out. I also hear no mention of his young daughter, and the suffering she will go through. People change I've done plenty things in my younger years that I wouldn't think of doing now. It dosn't give anyone the right to break into your house and kill you. I'm sure the person who did it assumed he was with his team and wasn't home.

There he goes again...:D

The only victim is that poor Mr. Horn who, in another post, was forced to shoot two thugs robbing his neighbors home. Ironically, if Mr. Horn had been his neighbor then perhaps Mr. Taylor would be taking him out for a cold beer.:rolleyes:

Come on Joe..spitting in a guys face makes you a thug?? Bill Romanowski not only did that, but step on guys and even broke teammates jaws? Did anyone call HIM a thug...or were the terms used like "hard nose player" There is no doubt he had a pasted. The brandishing the gun...AGAIN, was before his duaghter was born and it was with the issue with the ATVs....almost 2 years ago just like the rest of his issues.

I would not be surprised this had to do with the break-in on his house last week.....but let's be perfectly clear here...he WAS the victim.

WOW..."scum of the earth".... Funny thing is...REGARDLESS of how you PERSONALLY FEEL...HE was killed...HE didn't kill anybody. And about UM, maybe you should check the schools YOU like/support...is it VaTech? OR WVU?
They have been a pillar of excellence when it comes to your student athletes?:rolleyes:

I am not defending him, I will defend what is right...even if it means someone that is not right. THAT my friend, is how are laws work. And you are putting him in the SAME CATEGORY AS O.J. Simpson.....in the same boat as someone that killed two people? ....do you really have a hatred to The U, the NFL or black men in general 'cause it sure as hell seems that way with the history of your comments...

I hope all you goodie two shoes on here feel the same way when something this traggic happens to a member of your family. The story hasn't been released as to what happened, regardless no one should be ridiculed before the facts are out. I also hear no mention of his young daughter, and the suffering she will go through. People change I've done plenty things in my younger years that I wouldn't think of doing now. It dosn't give anyone the right to break into your house and kill you. I'm sure the person who did it assumed he was with his team and wasn't home.
No one is arguing that we should not feel compassion for the innocent victims who were harmed in this incident. No child deserves to be without their parents. However, innocent people always suffer due to the misconduct and poor judgments made by family members. We can only hope the child receives the love and nurturing she needs in order to avoid her father's mistakes. You're also correct that nobody has the right to break into your home and harm you and your family. However, it is also a parents responsibility not to associate with people who may break into your home and wish to kill you and your family. This is tragic indeed. Unfortunately, with the "Don't Snitch" idiocy running rampant through the streets of our country, unless there is credible physical evidence I doubt the police will ever find the killers.

Good point. The facts are not all in, I on the other hand are not naive to think that this may have to do with the break-in about 8 days ago. ALL of his problems happened ALMOST 2 years ago if not longer...he has been clean according to those close to him from teammates to family and friends. YES, has a PAST...but again...he IS the victim here.

No one is arguing that we should not feel compassion for the innocent victims who were harmed in this incident. No child deserves to be without their parents. However, innocent people always suffer due to the misconduct and poor judgments made by family members. We can only hope the child receives the love and nurturing she needs in order to avoid her father's mistakes. You're also correct that nobody has the right to break into your home and harm you and your family. However, it is also a parents responsibility not to associate with people who may break into your home and wish to kill you and your family. This is tragic indeed. Unfortunately, with the "Don't Snitch" idiocy running rampant through the streets of our country, unless there is credible physical evidence I doubt the police will ever find the killers.

FINALLY a post we can agree on. There is a SERIOUS issue with not snitching in both the black and hispanic communities. A prime example is the murder of another U player, is Brian Pata. 2 years now and NOTHING on those that killed him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts