Refurbed H10 Gets MPEG4?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eckersly28

Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
Is this even possible? My Samsung TS160 Died last week. D* sent me a warranty replacement receiver which I received yesterday. I activated it. In the guide it shows D* SD Locals, OTA HD Locals, and D* HD Locals (MPEG4). If I tune to the D* HD Locals (I live just outside of Philly), it says "searching for satellite". I have the 3 LNB Dish. I have not upgraded to the AT9 yet as I am waiting for the HD-DVR (I already have a HD TIVO HR10-250). Is it possible that D* is refurbing the H10's for MPEG4? I know this seems far fetched but why else are these in my guide? I am positive it is an H10, not an H20. And I am positive it is not OTA, I receive them perfectly on both this H10 and my HD TIVO. Anyone else have any experience with this. Any idea? Thanks!

I doubt it. You're probably just getting the guide information which normally lists everything AVAILABLE in your area, not what you actually subscribe to.

Just to add they would not "refurb" an H10 with the chips and other internal parts needed to decode MPEG4, so the guide theory is correct. I have two SD Hughes boxes in the kids rooms that show a few of the 90-99 HD guide listings. They will not tune of course.

I've seen someone else with the same issue and after a software update they stopped seeing the local MPEG 4 channels in their guide.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts