Regional sports networks

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just used Directv's RSN map, it's finds your home teams that you can watch by zip code. For 53589 it's the Brewers, Bucks and Wild on FSN Wi & Blackhawks on CSN Chicago. To get any other teams games, you have to purchase that leagues package for out of market games.

I just used Directv's RSN map, it's finds your home teams that you can watch by zip code. For 53589 it's the Brewers, Bucks and Wild on FSN Wi & Blackhawks on CSN Chicago. To get any other teams games, you have to purchase that leagues package for out of market games.
I think I posted that earlier.

Sorry, I checked it and apparently didn't post it :eeek

I meant too.

OK. I get that. And I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but do you have any idea why when I lived in Ohio, an hour south of Detroit, that direct would show all the games on FSD, but Dish blacks them out on FSD?

OK. I get that. And I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but do you have any idea why when I lived in Ohio, an hour south of Detroit, that direct would show all the games on FSD, but Dish blacks them out on FSD?
The Tigers have to claim the area on each provider, thats why Sylvania wasn't till I inqured, it's possible that they don't have an agreement with DISH for the Tigers.

Dish and Directv do use different maps. Directv has 4 RSN's in that zip code, Dish chose not to claim the Tigers for that area. I live in Middle Tn Directv claims both the Braves and Reds here, Dish only the Braves.

Does such a "map" exist for DirecTV or must you search every zip code? I'd be curious to see the overlaps in my area

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

once you get outside of the "main" area of the RSN there is an additional fee the providers pay to carry it. (think extended area). I assume the "extended" starts/stops at the OH/MI border
Directv chose to
Dish took the cheap route

same thing in Duluth, MN. Both the Brewers and Twins claim the area (meanwhile across the river in Superior, WI its just the Brewers). Anywho Directv gives you both, dish only the Twins in Duluth

Interesting, looking at the zip codes one neighboring town gets another RSN I don't yet is in the same DMA. A small town about 5 minutes away is in another DMA, but gets four RSN's. I have a feeling I'm going to get hit with the surcharge when the SEC Network comes along anyway.

This map may help you figure out where you need to "move" to in order to get the Tigers on Fox Sports Detroit.

Attachments

• MLB_Blackout_Areas.png
    MLB_Blackout_Areas.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 114
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)