REIGONAL POLITICAL ADS ON ROKU'S CRACKLE!

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Regional Political ads show up on Roku's "Crackle" service!

So, I haven't used ROKU for Crackle in a long time. What's the first commercial that shows up before the show? A political! The commercial ran fine. The show (old All in the Family) wouldn't load. I hit "play" a second time, got accosted by Pete Hoekstra a 2nd time. Is it IP addresses by area, or my Crackle registration that sold me out to know WHERE the box user was located?

Two tries it took for Crackle to load and run.

I use my "black box" as an escape from the world. Standard commercials acceptable for a "free" service. Now I'm accosted by political B.S. on my little "black box" via Crackle by Hoekstra for U.S. Senate.

Wonder how little they got to pay for those ads? "Standard media has to give political B.S. the lowest unit rate! It's one reason my radio station refuses all but Federals.

Last edited:
Yeah. I don't remember giving any personal info including location to Crackle, so they must be doing it by IP and service area?????
Only makes me dislike the ads even more.

CBS posted a statistic this morning on CBS Sunday Morning that the TV ads really DON'T help people decide, in fact most people don't consider
them a factor.

Yeah. I don't remember giving any personal info including location to Crackle, so they must be doing it by IP and service area?????

CBS posted a statistic this morning on CBS Sunday Morning that the TV ads really DON'T help people decide, in fact most people don't consider
them a factor.

I think most people think they are a bunch of hooey. Which they generally are.

That's exactly how they do it. Unless you want to run with a VPN 24/7, servers can tell where you are coming from because they have to serve you the data somehow.

them a factor.

Robocalls make me angry. You put me on those lists and I probably won't vote for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)