Relocate dish?

Do you have trees or buildings around? Moving the dish 10-15 feet lower isn't going to make a major difference in aim. So, before you worry about downloading an app (and you'd have to know what satellites you're looking for), go simple... look at where the dish is aimed now. Is it pointing near any trees/buildings? If not, you're good.

I've never used the Winegard app, but the Dish Pointer Pro and a few others, I've tried to check them against each other and they've been off by a bit
But do you think close enough to give me a rough idea that the treeline is below. I'm fairly certain it is but just want to be sure. Like if the treeline is many degrees below where one of the apps show the satellites are at, we should be ok, right?

I've never used the Winegard app, but the Dish Pointer Pro and a few others, I've tried to check them against each other and they've been off by a bit
Dish Pointer Pro is my "go to" app, backed up by the Winegard app. I've found that calibrating the compass sensor for each use helps with the accuracy. The "figure 8" motion only takes a few seconds.

But do you think close enough to give me a rough idea that the treeline is below. I'm fairly certain it is but just want to be sure. Like if the treeline is many degrees below where one of the apps show the satellites are at, we should be ok, right?
I suggest the Winegard app for your situation. It's free and easier to use than Dish Pointer Pro since it doesn't require sorting out the satellite selections. As I said in my last post, calibrating the compass (magnetometer) sensor helps with the accuracy. Just waving the phone in an exaggerated "figure 8" pattern for a few passes is all it takes.

Reactions: HipKat
I suggest the Winegard app for your situation. It's free and easier to use than Dish Pointer Pro since it doesn't require sorting out the satellite selections. As I said in my last post, calibrating the compass (magnetometer) sensor helps with the accuracy. Just waving the phone in an exaggerated "figure 8" pattern for a few passes is all it takes.
Thanks, still haven't had a chance to do it but hoping very soon!

Reactions: NYDutch
Just reporting back to say thanks. Tried 3 different apps, two I didn't understand too well but the winegard worked great - I guess I'm a visual person and actually pointing my phone to see where the satellites are worked great - above the tree line so should be ok. I calibrated the compass before starting. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts