Relook 400s

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gorilla187

Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Hey guys i have a Relook 400s and i don't know what happened to it. Whenever i turn on the power switch in the back it'll say booting then preparing and it'll stay there and never get past that screen. I was wondering if maybe one of ya'll could help me troubleshoot it.

i never wrote down the IP address to it so imma have to use a USB cable.

thanks

Welcome to the Forum.

I have the 400 S and I wish I could help , but I haven't experienced that problem , I do know if the Hard Drive is full it does take a long time to boot.

I like the Relook 400s , but I have it setup for my Mom and she loves it so much that I dare not play with it .

What software are you running on the Relook 400 , factory software or other , I have noticed that my Relook does not scan in low symbol rates , if it is a software issue I'd be tempted in changing software to a newer version.

When I purchased my unit it was previously used , and had software from the homegrown team , never heard of these programmers , this stb meets my needs and the only flaw is that channels with low symbol rates don't scan in.

Anyways welcome , and glad to see another Relook 400s user here at the forum.

thanks for the welcome...

i'm sure its the software that it comes with. i bought i used from some other guy and i set it up and it was working GREAT up until last night the PANIC thing came up and now i can't get it to work. i turned it on about 4 hours ago and it still says PREPARING, i have no idea whats going on.

Do you know what version of s/w is running on it? Version 2.14 was released on March 18, 2007. Since this is a Linux system there are many different groups releasing code for it. I tried bringing up Enigma code this weekend, basically makes it work like Dreambox, but it was so different I couldn't wrap my head around it after a couple of hours and put the factory code back on.

Oh, this was on a Mutant 200s, not the Relook 400s. I don't think I'd load Enigma on the 400s since it only supports one of the tuners.

I imagine you will need to reload a new image to your 400s. Use PCTools that is made for it. (be sure to follow the instructions to install the USB driver for it)
Depending on which image you are using (Neumo Team is one that can have the problems you describe) there is a setting in the Menu for Check HDD on bootup.
If it is set to ON, then it can take as much as 15 minutes or more to finish checking the drive before booting up. I turned it off on my Relook and it made it boot up much faster.
grusome

thanks guys i really appreaciate it. now i just need to find the PC tools program cuz the guy i bought it from showed it to me but didn't give it to me.

When it says preparing on the receiver just press "OK" button under front cover on the receiver and it will continue booting and everything will be fine.

FWIW, I finally got Enigma loaded on my Mutant, it works, even streaming across network works via ngrab. I still don't see a reason to load Enigma on a Relook, seems like a waste of h/w to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.