Remanufactured=Refurbished?

Shadyrest59

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
As some of you know I have been going through a really rough time with my Dish DVR 625.

I have had two with HDD failure.

I just received my third Receiver via UPS today and I opened the box to see if this was new or refurbished and by the serial number on the back near the bottom, it say re-manufactured.

I take this to mean that this is a refurbished box if so then that mean that this is my third refurb that they have sent me instead of sending me a new box.

All I'm doing is inheriting someone elses problems.

I am really thinking about canceling this whole thing altogether because I have no faith that this box will work as intended either.

Sorry about the rant, I'm just so pissed right now.

I had a year of good service when it was just plain old Dish, now this DVR is adding more problems than it was supposed to solve.

Since the 625's are in short supply, that' all you are going to get for a replacement. Why not hook it up before you start having a panic.

Remember DISH owns the receiver you are just leasing it from them. Try to get a credit from them for lack of service but they are no different than a cable company new is a rarity they just keep reusing the same equipment. I've got a 625 that is going out in a garage sale this weekend I bought it used off eBay and I used it and as far as I know it has no problems. Mine hasn't even been refurbished.

It is very easy to blame the receiver.... but the majority of the time it is not actually the receivers causing the problems (except for a few known problematic models, 625s are not one of them).... usually it is something else that can in turn cause your receivers to eventually fail.

House electrical....LNBF or switch....ventilation causing overheating of the receiver.... bad barrels, bad cabling, dish alignment.... etc.... just because you plug a new receiver in and it works right then does not mean the last receiver was causing the problem. Your system needs to be properly diagnosed with a meter that will test voltages, dB loss, individual transponders, etc.... and your electrical outlet needs to be checked. Just because your TV works fine forever on the outlet doesn't mean the outlet is working properly.... Satellite receivers are quite a bit more sensitive to voltage fluctuations than many electronics... and particularly HD and DVR receivers.

I have my computer, printer, HDTV, 2 Tivos, Yamaha A/V receiver, a vip211 and my vip 722 all on APC surge euppressors and battery backups. I own four(4) of them. I never have any problems. TRY IT! I get power blinks all the time and I never unplug any of my equipment when we have a lightning storm, which is quite frequently here in NW Florida

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts