Remote Address Conflict - 2 Slingboxes

BigFella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
Just North of LA
Hi all,

Those of you with 2 or more slingboxes under the same roof, how do you prevent remote address conflicts? Here's my dilemma - I have a 722 (remote address 1) with a Slingbox Classic attached to it. It's been functioning great for several years now. I have a 622 in the bedroom (remote address 5) that I just attached a new Slingbox Pro to. I can't control my bedroom 622 with the Slingbox Pro - I assume because it's remote address is not "1". If I change the remote address on the 622 to "1", I know that the bedroom Dish remote will interfere/conflict with my 722 that is located within RF range (and vice versa) down in my home theater room. Removing the remote antenna's or otherwise reducing the range of the UHF functionality of the remotes is not good because I distribute the TV2 output of the 722 around the house to other TV's (the each have their own Dish remote to control them and the 722). Can the Slingbox Pro's IR remote emitter control another address (say "5")? Any other suggestions or workarounds?

Thanks!

The sling can use several remote addresses, I've used 1 through 4 so I know those will work.

As long as your walls aren't transparent, the codes can be the same. TV1 is controlled via IR by default (it couldn't work with a Slingbox otherwise).

Sometimes what you know just isn't the case. ;)

As long as your walls aren't transparent, the codes can be the same. TV1 is controlled via IR by default (it couldn't work with a Slingbox otherwise).

Sometimes what you know just isn't the case. ;)
If I read the OP correctly I believe that he is using UHF remotes on TV1's for remote locations so the two reciever need o be on different addresses.

That's great news Kevin and Scott - thanks. I thought I read some other posts from Scott) that you had multiple Slingboxes and Dish - I'm at a loss though, as to how to set up a second address. I assume it has to be somewhere in the "input configuration" of the Sling. I see "stand alone PVR" and "Dish VIP 622" or something like that. I guess my question now is, where do I change the remote address?

If the two receivers are in different rooms, there's no need to change any code sets. The Slingbox operates uniquely in IR mode so you don't have to worry about stray RF. If anything, you'll want to change the 622 back to the default IR code.

If the two receivers are in different rooms, there's no need to change any code sets. The Slingbox operates uniquely in IR mode so you don't have to worry about stray RF. If anything, you'll want to change the 622 back to the default IR code.
No can do. As n0qcu (Kevin) said, if I change my 622 back to address 1, I'll be changing the channels on my 722 (located in my theater downstairs within RF range) every time I change channels in my bedroom - creating anarchy in the household. I understand the unique IR code on the Slingbox (no stray RF) but the Sling defaults to address 1. I need to change the Slings IR remote address to match another address (e.g., 2,3,4 or 5 - it's currently set on 5) so my 622 RF won't conflict with my 722 RF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts