remote code for Olevia 237V?

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
Any Olevia owners ever have any luch getting the remote codes for the 2 series LCD sets? I've had this TV for about 10 months now and absolutely love it, but I sure would like to be able to program my 622 remote to control my TV power and volume...

-mcbride

Any Olevia owners ever have any luch getting the remote codes for the 2 series LCD sets? I've had this TV for about 10 months now and absolutely love it, but I sure would like to be able to program my 622 remote to control my TV power and volume...

-mcbride
I
Sorry to tell you but I don't beleive there's any code to control the "2" series Olevia's (although I'll be happy to try UHF's Phillips suggestion when I get a chance). I have the 242 and have had no luck. The answer for me was the VL600 Sony learning remote from Walmart for $25. Easy to program and use. I also use it to control my Samsung DVD/Home theater. Beats the heck outta having to use 2 or 3 remotes! Hope this helps.

Ed

UPDATE: I tried all of the Phillips TV codes that are listed to no avail:(. I'd also done the scan method previously with the same results. Oh well, I got used to using the Sony remote so it's no big problem.

Ed

? regarding sony remote

I use my olevia 237V wall mounted in my bedroom and my 622 receiver is downstairs in my living room (I've got a long component cable running to my bedroom thru the ceiling), so the problem that I have is that I am currently using a UHF dishnetwork 622 remote to control the dish receiver since it's in another room.

Is the Sony a UHF remote also or is it only IR? If it's only IR it wont help in my situation...at least I dont think...

Ahhh, didn't think about your TV and receiver being in 2 locations. The Sony remote is IR only so you're correct--not a solution. Fortunately, my Olevia & 622 are both in the same room. Maybe a high-end learning remote ($$$) like the Harmony/Logitech is both UHF & IR??? Seems like Dish would come up with a code since I believe a lot of Olevias are being sold. Great HDTV for the money. Good luck!

Ed

OK. Here is what I did....I have a 625DVR in my living room and a 232V olevia in my bedroom. I changed the livingroom TV (where the 625 is) to TV2 and the bedroom to TV1. I have a Philips TSU3000 remote with an RF extender. This is a full featured remote that has limitless abilities. Read more at Philips website. It transmits an rf signal to the RF extender which is in the livingroom then the proper IR code to the device being controlled...in this case the 625. You then use the Remote 2 for the livingroom. This allows me to control my Olevia TV in my bedroom and the 625 down the hall.
The TSU3000 remote is abit expensive. Ebay is a good resource...paid $100.00 for mine but the programing options are worth the price! You can even download a configuration someone else took time to create. Hope this helps. Does your Olevia blue led stay on even when you select off?

Good solution with your 625 but no help if you want to view HD. The TV2 out is coax on the 622/722 which of course is SD. In your case it doesn't matter. How's SD look on your 232? Usually doesn't look so good on my 242. Looks like crap on my 65" Mitz.

My blue light goes OFF only when the TV is ON. There's a way to turn it off in the manual I printed from the CDROM but I think it turns it off PERIOD.

Ed

Hey there old corps. The signal on my 232 looks good...not great. It is better than any CRT I have had but not as good as my 1080i 54" Samsung. I tried putting my DVD recorder infront of my 232V (it upconverts to a near HD quality) but it didn't seem to make much difference. My blue light is off all the time (TV on/off) except when the sleep timer turns off the TV. Defeats the purpose of a sleep timer when the blinding blue led comes on! Hope the weather there is good....great here 27F and finally snowing( FAI AK.)

Alaska Timberwolffe

Alaska-Your weather question could have came at a better time, we had tornadoes all over the area last night. Demolished some houses just North of us. Fortunately, we got through it unscathed. Would you believe I get my HD locals OTA through my Dish 622/722's and they never so much as burped while I normally have a problem when its windy???:rolleyes:

I'm curious about the pq from your DVD recordings? Looks like all but very high end recorders only allow you to record 480i via composite. I was gonna get one to record via component but I only could find expensive ones on line that allow that. I do have a Samsung upconvert DVD player but I don't think it would do much, if anything, for something recorded in 480i.

STAY WARM!

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)