Remote Codes

Grandpa J

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
Camarillo, CA
My daughter got a 622 and tried to program the Dish remote with the codes in the Dish manual for her TV, an AKAI 37" LCD. Three of the five codes were accepted (TV mode light blinked 3 times) but would not work the TV. The other 2 codes 6xx an 6xx were not accepted by the remote (the TV mode light would not blink). CSR was useless as to why the codes in the Dish manual were not accepted by the remote.
So - any body have any suggestions on what to do?
Thanks.

The remote didn't blink because the codes are newer than the chip in the remote control and it dosen't recognize them.Options: Use two remotes/ Buy a universal remote capable of controlling DISH and Akai/ Try ot buy a newer remote control from DISH that has the latest codes.

Thank you everyone. The AKAI is in her bedroom. I do think boba is right the new listed codes in manual are likely for newer versions of the remote. Now to get dish to supply the newer version will be next project Dad we have to do for her.
Thanks, again

I think the newest codes only work on the 6.3 remotes.

Wikipedia shows a relationship between Akai and Samsung at one point. Also, a brand of HDTV called Scott. Try those codes. Akai is mostly a rebranded TV so yours may really just be a different brand altogether. Does it look vaguely like another brand of TV? The company that owns Akai also owned Sansui, so you might try those codes.

I had similar issues on a couple of items of different brands, but when I used the scan feature within a minute or two I had both item programed in. Just be sure to use the down button when scaning. If you use the up botton it can find the correct code, but may put it in the limited use mode, which means you would only be able to turn item off not change channels or what else needed.

I always have bad luck with those codes. Never seem to work right if at all. I find that the easiest thing to do is the most difficult. Buy a Learning remote and teach that remote the IR signals one button at a time. It takes longer but in the end every button works the way it should.

example- I have a simple setup in my Kitchen. It is a VIP722 with a Phillips HDTV and a Sony DVD player.
None of the Dish remote codes work for the HDTV or the DVD player that were listed in the 722 manual.

I buy a learning remote at radio shack for $20. Spend an hour teaching each button the functions for the 722, the Phillips HDTV and the Sony DVD player. Nice! everything works now off one remote. Funny thing is that even that RS remote has codes and none of the DishNetwork or Echostar codes would work for the 722, the HDTV or the DVD player. I've often wondered where they get these codes from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)