remote control address / HD resolution

jon6569

Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Two questions in one:

1) I have a remote control conflict between my 811 and 522 (TV 2). I've gone through the book's step-by-step to change the address on both the 811 and also on TV 1 and TV 2. I can't get a new address to stick on any of them. (hold down SAT, enter new number, pound, record... and then I can't control remote nor does the new number show up in System Info screen). Any thoughts?

2) I've tried about everything in setting the HDTV resolution. I get the HD channels to look correct (clear, right aspect ratio, etc.), but all my SD channels are blown-up and cropped at 16:9. In other words, all the SD channels are cut off top and bottom - and they also look zoomed in on. I don't have many settings on the Sony Wega, and have tried setting the 811 to 4:3, 16:9, 1080, etc. but it all comes out the same for the analog channels. Anything obvious I'm missing?

Thanks.

Jon

Well, I already figured out the answer the #2. In the manual, even, so that shows my impatience. If you hit the star key (*) it toggles through the screen modes (stretch, zoom, grey bar, etc.). So, I found the right optimization for HD 16:9 proper viewing, and then have to deal with bars on the right and left for standard def. (or change the menu settings).

Still scratching my head on question #1...

j.

jon6569 said:
Two questions in one:

1) I have a remote control conflict between my 811 and 522 (TV 2). I've gone through the book's step-by-step to change the address on both the 811 and also on TV 1 and TV 2. I can't get a new address to stick on any of them. (hold down SAT, enter new number, pound, record... and then I can't control remote nor does the new number show up in System Info screen). Any thoughts?

Jon

Did you bring up the Sys Info screen by pressing the Sys Info button on the 811 first? Give that a try.

Thanks, Bobby. Yes, I've brought up the Sys Info on both the 811 and 522 TV 2 and it shows that everything's on Address 1. It doesn't seem I can do anything in this screen, that it's just informational.

Jon

In order to change the address on a receiver it's system info screen must be displayed. If you try to change the address without the system info screen being up the change will fail. Do this individually for each receiver. If both receivers system info are up both receivers addresses will change.

Doh! Thanks, Kent! Gosh, that's dumb of me, but for whatever reason I kept closing that screen. It worked fine once I did all the remote steps at the same time the info screen was up. Thanks again, all. This is a fantastic forum. Perhaps down the line I can help someone as lost as me...

Jon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)