Remote Control Codes for 6000-811-941-942

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
I have a Dish 6000 and had another laying around which I was about to activate on another TV. However, as I was connecting it up, I realized that with the Remote, 1 is going to change the other 6000 STB in the other room.

1) Is there a way to change the codes on a 6000 so a Universal Remote on different code will not change both?

2) Any great out of the box workarounds?

3) Does the 811/941/942 use the same remote control codes/system (though probably different remote) as the 6000?

On both my 625 and my 942 I can program the STB to tell it what channel I want the UHF remote to use. I can then have two different UHF remotes that control their specific STB.

just change the remote address for one reciever and one remote, press the System Info button on the front panel, Press and hold the SAT button (about six seconds) until all mode key backlights come on, then release. ,Use the number pad buttons to enter a number from 1 to 15. (a number other than one in this case), The light will blink off after each digit is entered and then return to a steady light. Press the POUND (#) button. If the code entered is valid for the remote, the SAT mode light flashes three times.Press the Record button. Note:The number in the Remote Address field on your TV screen should match the one you input.

FYI-Dish has lauched an application you can find in dish home (ch. 100) that will help you program your remote to the tv, it has the instructions and codes. I know this wouldn't help in this case, but just somethign for the future. To access it just go to dish home, then customer service, then remote help.

Multiple Dish receivers with 1 One-For-All remote?

HDTVFanAtic said:
1) Is there a way to change the codes on a 6000 so a Universal Remote on different code will not change both?
Along the same line . . . I use a JP-1 interface with my All-For-One remotes. I have searched the threads at Yahoo groups jp1 and hifi-remote several times without success. Is there a way to program OFA remotes for two or more Dish receiver addresses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts