Remote control for the elderly

WHAT??? then how come i dont have them? imagine how many tc's that could have saved me all these years? do you work for dns? where did you get these remotes?

I got mine off Ebay. It's now sitting in a draw where it will stay. You can have it for the cost of shipping to you if you want. Just send me a PM w/ details.

Last edited:
I got mine off Ebay. It's now sitting in a draw where it will stay. You can have it for the cost of shipping to you if you want. Just send me a PM w/ details.
no dammit
i want dish to pay for it.
they provide me with my equipment and then punish me on my paychech when people cnat use their remotes!

I was unaware that anyone had to pay DISH for the remote that is difficult to use. If you purchased the receiver and remote, that's one thing, but if DISH is providing the receiver and remote then all you are paying for is programming. The remote that is difficult to use has not resulted in any financial loss or expense. The receivers are shipped from the warehouse as a complete kit, including the remote. DISH has no foreknowledge of where each receiver is going to end up, be it in the house of a 20 year old or a 90 year old person. Also, DISH has no control over a person's ability or inability to use a remote that is being provided, no more so that TV manufacturers do. If DISH made their remotes larger and bigger, then you would have an equal number of folks complaining about that. Regardless of what is done, someone somewhere is not going to like it and will complain about it. The best that can be done is to design a remote that the average person can use....a happy medium. It is not logistically nor financially feasible to have several different kinds of remotes for the same receivers to accomodate the countless needs and preferences of millions of people.

I realize this might be a little late but for anyone else still reading this I discovered a new invention that makes the remote control easier for senior citizens and elderly.
Button Blocker is a cover that goes onto the remote control, so it's unique in that it does not need to be programmed, assembly, or batteries. You can only press volume, mute, power, guide, and channel...the buttons you really need. I got the glow in the dark model works like a charm.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I realize this might be a little late but for anyone else still reading this I discovered a new invention that makes the remote control easier for senior citizens and elderly.
Button Blocker is a cover that goes onto the remote control, so it's unique in that it does not need to be programmed, assembly, or batteries. You can only press volume, mute, power, guide, and channel...the buttons you really need. I got the glow in the dark model works like a charm.
The Dish Basic Remote is a good solution.

That is the model number. It's THE DISH BASIC REMOTE. Specifically designed for the elderly and hard of seeing customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)