Remote Control for TV2

sbsi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
My Dish Network TV remote for TV 2 is not working to well. I can change channel numbers, but the up and down center button is not working.

Can I use a universal remote to replace the Dish Network remote for TV2?

Just want to save money...i know dish charge $15 for a replacement

What receiver do you have ?

When I upgraded to the 722 ? My tv2 remote did not work as well as it did with my old receiver.

They moved the atteana from behind the receiver to behind the tv2 and it worked.

The tech guy said it was a known problem.

Have same problem with TV2 remote and my 722k receiver. So, do I remove I remove the antenna attached to the back of the 722k and attach it to the actual TV2? Where do I attach it?

IR uses a sensor on the front of the receiver, so moving the antenna will not effect TV1's remote.

What was mentioned above is a "remote antenna backfeed" which (with a couple splitters and short coax cables) puts the remote antenna near the back of the second TV so that the remote may function better.

Instead of jumping straight to that, I would try an extension of the antenna to move it away from anything that may be interfering. Attach a coax cable (6 feet should be plenty) to the back of the receiver where the antenna normally is, then on the end of that cable, attach the antenna (you will need a barrel connector to connect the coax to the antenna). Then you can move the antenna to a more open spot, ideally increasing functionality of the UHF remote.

Doesn't work for me. My TV2 only has one cable connection which is where the DISHNetwork cable is hooked up. I tried hooking up the satellite cable and the remote antenna to the single cable connection on the back of TV2 using a "Monster Cable" 2-way splitter and then with a "Gemini" 2-way splitter. Both gave me quite fuzzy video and the TV2 UHF remote still didn't work. Sometimes the remote kicks in on its own, but it is sporadic. Now what?

OK. will try an extension of the antenna. Sounds like the right move. Think I have a barrel connector. Do you want to hear back from me about this fix?

IR uses a sensor on the front of the receiver, so moving the antenna will not effect TV1's remote.

What was mentioned above is a "remote antenna backfeed" which (with a couple splitters and short coax cables) puts the remote antenna near the back of the second TV so that the remote may function better.

Instead of jumping straight to that, I would try an extension of the antenna to move it away from anything that may be interfering. Attach a coax cable (6 feet should be plenty) to the back of the receiver where the antenna normally is, then on the end of that cable, attach the antenna (you will need a barrel connector to connect the coax to the antenna). Then you can move the antenna to a more open spot, ideally increasing functionality of the UHF remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)