Remote Control Issue?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
I have a Wally along with two remotes (54.0) for my RV.. I got a free one from Dish. For some reason one remote will not work where the other one will. The did work, but for some reason they will not now. The one that does not work now will not do anything. Maybe they are to close together. One is in the LR and the other one is in the BR. They are about 30' apart.

Any suggestions?

I have a Wally along with two remotes (54.0) for my RV.. I got a free one from Dish. For some reason one remote will not work where the other one will. The did work, but for some reason they will not now. The one that does not work now will not do anything. Maybe they are to close together. One is in the LR and the other one is in the BR. They are about 30' apart.

Any suggestions?
It could be a couple of things. First thing to try would be to replace the batteries in the remote that has the issue. If you bring that remote to the LR will it control the Wally? Next thing to try is to re-pair that remote to the Wally.

It could be a couple of things. First thing to try would be to replace the batteries in the remote that has the issue. If you bring that remote to the LR will it control the Wally? Next thing to try is to re-pair that remote to the Wally.

The removing of the batteries worked.

Thanks!!

I know nothing about the Wally but doesn't it have a batteries low sign like the Hoppers do?

Reactions: TheKrell
When I cut off the LR-TV should I use the Dish remote which puts the Wally in standby and turns off the TV and A/V receiver and restart it in the BR? Last night I use the regular remotes for turning off the TV and A/V receiver. This morning the Dish LR remote would not work.

I know nothing about the Wally but doesn't it have a batteries low sign like the Hoppers do?
Yes it does, but it is not always reliable, especially if you have more than one remote paired to the Wally. For example, when you turn on the Wally, it may display a low battery indicator, but that may not indicate which remote it is reading the low battery strength from. This may happen, for instance, if you use an older-model IR Dish remote, or some other universal IR remote, to turn on the Wally. It can only read the remote battery strength from the newer-model Dish remotes that are "paired" with the Wally, but then you still have to go to the Diagnostics screen to see which remote may be causing that indicator. Then, on that screen, the battery strength indicator may say that the batteries are just fine, even if they are actually starting to get weak.

With a completely unresponsive remote that still lights up, there is another issue that may happen where the remote seems to stay "stuck" with the lights on. (This is especially true for the 54-series remotes with the backlight.) In this case, simply removing the batteries and re-inserting them (or removing only one battery and re-inserting it) will get the remote "unstuck" so it will start working again. This issue may also indicate that the batteries are starting to get weak. However, they still have enough power to actually control the receiver just fine for quite awhile.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Yes it does, but it is not always reliable, especially if you have more than one remote paired to the Wally. For example, when you turn on the Wally, it may display a low battery indicator, but that may not indicate which remote it is reading the low battery strength from. This may happen, for instance, if you use an older-model IR Dish remote, or some other universal IR remote, to turn on the Wally. It can only read the remote battery strength from the newer-model Dish remotes that are "paired" with the Wally, but then you still have to go to the Diagnostics screen to see which remote may be causing that indicator. Then, on that screen, the battery strength indicator may say that the batteries are just fine, even if they are actually starting to get weak.

With a completely unresponsive remote that still lights up, there is another issue that may happen where the remote seems to stay "stuck" with the lights on. (This is especially true for the 54-series remotes with the backlight.) In this case, simply removing the batteries and re-inserting them (or removing only one battery and re-inserting it) will get the remote "unstuck" so it will start working again. This issue may also indicate that the batteries are starting to get weak. However, they still have enough power to actually control the receiver just fine for quite awhile.
Thank You for the info. Now I know.:hail

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)