Remote control issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MiniTransAm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Anyone else have this problem?? The remote for my HD box also seems to lower the volume on my surround sound receiver. Not a big deal but kind of annoying. Comcast's suggestion was to take the batteries out for 10 mins and try it again. Didn't work, like I figured it wouldn't. I tried using the 2 codes for the cable box but that didn't change anything. Anyone found a resolution for this or even seen this problem before?

Somehow the "master volume" has been locked to the stereo instead of the tv or the box (whichever you prefer). if you can post the model of remote (on bottom or inside battery area), someone can help you with the "master volume" code to lock it to whatever source you want.

It's not the volume button that causes the problem. The guide button, arrow keys for navigating the menu all do it. I did more research online and have found that it's a common issue for this remote and the DVD player I have. Doesn't suprise me, it's a really cheap one (Nexxtech) Guess I'll just have to deal with it.

I do have the little pamphlet thingy that comes with the remote and have tried the master volume unlock/lock but that only applies to the volume up and down buttons. Oh well.

MiniTransAm said:
It's not the volume button that causes the problem. The guide button, arrow keys for navigating the menu all do it. I did more research online and have found that it's a common issue for this remote and the DVD player I have. Doesn't suprise me, it's a really cheap one (Nexxtech) Guess I'll just have to deal with it.

I do have the little pamphlet thingy that comes with the remote and have tried the master volume unlock/lock but that only applies to the volume up and down buttons. Oh well.

Well, you did not say that in your 1st post. You just said the cable remote controlled the receiver volume - which is a feature it can do. No mention of the other buttons doing it. This is why a full decription of the problem is good. Saves all the "guesses" and inaccurate replies.