Remote control problem on 211 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kenny911

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
Michigan
The remote control in my living room is giving me major problems. Every few minutes when I go to switch the channel, instead of switching the dish station, it switches the station on my tv which takes me from component output to tv output. Then I have to push tv/video on my remote to get back to the component output and have to push the "sat" button on my remote to switch the channel again. This is an endless cycle and happens every few mins. I changed the batteries so I'm not sure what the problem can be.

Wild Guess!:D Maybe your fingers are too big and whenever you hit the SAT Mode button, you also follow it by accidentially hitting the TV Mode button. Then you hit the channel up or down, and the TV changes instead of the satellite receiver.

When you hit a channel up or down and the TV changes, try it again and see if the TV button lights up to show you that the remote did change Modes (for whatever reason).

If you program the remote so that SAT controls Sat, and TV controls TV, and the Volume controls either the TV or Amp, then you really don't need to hit any Mode buttons while watching TV. When you want to change channels, just hit the channel buttons.

With me, mine changes from one Mode to the other when I roll over on the remote. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts