Remote control problem with one Rcvr.

johnwadams

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Arkansas
I know that I am probably have to have Dish send me another receiver but I thought I would ask if anyone else has seen this problem.
I have a 3922 SD receiver that only responds to any of 3 remote controls some of the time. All 3 work fine on an old 2700 rcvr. The wierd thing is that I have a better chance of getting the 3922 to work if I point any remote toward the ceiling instead of the rcvr. In fact, if you get right up to the rcvr there is almost no chance the remote will work. I just hate dealing with their CSR's.

It may seem obvious,but check the remote eyes and the receiver's IR eye for obstructions.Make sure the LED bulbs are not askew

It is not a 3922 receiver it is a 3900 receiver, the 3922 is the nomenclature at that time for a complete system. With the age of your system see what DISH will offer you for a replacement. Hopefully they have stopped replacing 3700/3800 & 3900 receivers with same models and will give you a 301 as a replacement.

I switched receivers and still have the problem. I added an IR blaster so I can close the doors to the equipment cabinet and noticed that most of the time it shows it is picking up an IR signal unless I stand right in front of it. This does not effect any other AV equipment. The receiver is in a combination family room and kitchen. Nothing in the kitchen uses IR to my knowledge. I unplugged the cordless phone system just in case. So, another receiver will not help. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this interference that only affects Dish receivers? An AIWA AV receiver, a JVC VCR and a Sony DVD player all work perfect. This really has me baffled.

Many things can affect the IR sensors compact flourscent bulbs have been known to cause problems. Standard CRT TVs and Plasma TVs and some LCD cause IR problems. What have you changed or added in the room that may cause a infra red signal to now be present? What model DISH receiver did you add to replace the 3900?

Many things can affect the IR sensors compact flourscent bulbs have been known to cause problems. Standard CRT TVs and Plasma TVs and some LCD cause IR problems. What have you changed or added in the room that may cause a infra red signal to now be present? What model DISH receiver did you add to replace the 3900?

I switched it out with the older 2700. Both work fine in the bedroom. I moved into this house 10/2007 and probably have had this problem since then. The same set up worked fine at the previous house. Sometime after the move, I called Dish and they sent me a new remote control. I haven't added any electronics that were not present at the old house. There are no flourscent bulbs. The kitchen has a Hunter ceiling fan with unique controls at the switch box. You have push buttons that change the fan speed and dim the light. I guess it's possible a remote control could have been available but it was not there when I bought the house. I would assume there would not be any IR transmission unless a button was pressed but, I am out of town at the moment but will kill the power to it at the breaker box and see what happens. The apppliances are 10 years old and there is nothing special about them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts