Remote Control problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

B-2

Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
My DirecTV receiver is plugged into an outlet controlled by a light switch (didn't know this until yesterday). My daughter turns off the light switch which shuts off the receiver. I immediately turn the switch back on, the receiver re-loads and I figure all is well. Except, my remote control no longer works on my receiver. I re-programmed the TV code which works fine, but I'm not sure how to make it work again for the receiver. I've tried all of the manuals, FAQ's, etc. and don't know what to do. The Philips guide has a small blurb about reprogramming a code, but that did not work either. For reference, I have a Philips DSX 5500/5540.

Anybody???

Maybe this applies:

If you purchase two DSX 5500 or DSX 5540 receivers and use
them in close proximity of each other, control them independently by assigning a separate ID number to each remote.

To change the ID number of the remote control:
1. Press MENU.
2. Press w to select "Preferences" and press OK.
3. Press w to select "Remote Control ID" and press OK.
4. The only option available is the alternate ID. Select and press OK.
5. Press and hold down the SAT and MUTE buttons on the
remote until the SAT light stays on.
6. To set the ID number to 1, enter "111" or to set the ID to 0,
enter "000". The SAT button will blink twice to confirm the entry.
7. Point the remote at the Receiver and press OK to complete the process.
Note: It is important at the end of the procedure to point the remote at the corresponding DIRECTV Receiver and press OK.
Otherwise, the remote control will change its ID but the Receiver will not and communication will be lost between the two.

B-2 said:
My DirecTV receiver is plugged into an outlet controlled by a light switch (didn't know this until yesterday). My daughter turns off the light switch which shuts off the receiver. I immediately turn the switch back on, the receiver re-loads and I figure all is well. Except, my remote control no longer works on my receiver. I re-programmed the TV code which works fine, but I'm not sure how to make it work again for the receiver. I've tried all of the manuals, FAQ's, etc. and don't know what to do. The Philips guide has a small blurb about reprogramming a code, but that did not work either. For reference, I have a Philips DSX 5500/5540.

Anybody???

Were you using your remote in the RF mode vs IR ?
If so, manually bring up the correct screens and change it back to IR, This should allow you to get the remote to work again, once it is working , then go back in and set it up for RF.

I had the same issue, tried to get a 2nd remote to work, then realized that the remote was not able to do anything because the receiver was set on RF.

IF you are using RF , this will help you, if your already using IR then this will not help

Good luck

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts