Remote Extender?

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
Is there a remote extender compatible with voom? I would like to put a uhf extender so I can watch tv in the other room (non hd but just coax out).

These work real good. I am using it on my Dish system to run the receiver in the bedrrom. We also have a set at the lake house from the garage to the house.

I'll vouch for the Radio Shack ones, only I have the wireless set that transmits the TV Signal as well.

The 4DTV UHF remote works with the VOOM STB. I bought mine at auction online at e***. The Voom STB has the UHF antenna jack on the back and it's operational. The 4DTV remote worked right out of the box with Voom.

Can someone explain to me how this works and what I would need to do something like this? I see the Radio Shack thing. Would i need anything else? I'm trying to see if i can get voom in a room without a voom receiver if i just use a cable splitter in the main room where the receiver is and have the cable going to the other room which doesnt have the receiver.

xtc--simple. I have 4 TV's running on 1 STB. Run coax out of the Voom STB to a splitter. Mine is a 1 in, 3 out splitter. Then run coax to whatever location your secondary TV is in. That's it.

The remote extender from Radio shack has a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter piece is plugged into the wall, and is aimed at your STB. The receiver unit is located near your second TV, and plugged into a wall outlet. When watching the secondary TV, point your Voom remote at the receiver unit, and it sends commands to the transmitter unit, and that relays the commands to the STB. All you have to do is remember to carry the remote around with you.

I have my main system controlled by a Harmony remote, so I use the Voom remote for all the other TV's. The radio shack stuff consists of 1 transmitter, and 3 little receiver units (1 for each of the additional TV's). Keep in mind that any signal OUT from the Voom STB through coax is going to be converted to 480P, so if you have an HDTV as a secondary TV, it will be limited to 480P. Works great on an SD television.

zim1951 said:
The 4DTV UHF remote works with the VOOM STB. I bought mine at auction online at e***. The Voom STB has the UHF antenna jack on the back and it's operational. The 4DTV remote worked right out of the box with Voom.

I have a 4DTV 920 that died and 4DTV 922 that I use. I wii dig up the remote to the 920 and instll the RF antena and see what happens.

Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for all these suggestions! I will try one out. Now I can get my money's worth out of my single box.