Remote for 4700 ?

kuma

Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
Which Remote for 4700?

Hi, I have an older receiver - model 4700 (its had several software upgrades - not sure if that changes to model number?) - which I need a UHF/IR remote for. I am looking at some on ebay but not certain which ones will work. Does anyone know if this one will work:

Dish Network IR/UHF Pro 4.0 Remote (blue #2 chip)

The person selling it said that people have purchased them for the 4700 but he is not sure if it will work...

Thanks!

Yes, he recommended the remote 1.5 - their $35 for one. And, I would like two of them - $70 for remotes seems a bit rediculous. I see remotes at stores for $8 to $19. Is this the price for satillite TV:)

kuma said:
Yes, he recommended the remote 1.5 - their $35 for one. And, I would like two of them - $70 for remotes seems a bit rediculous. I see remotes at stores for $8 to $19. Is this the price for satillite TV:)
No that is the price for UHF technology instead of the cheap infrared universal remotes that require you to be in the same room for the remote to work. :)

Yeah - Im thinkg that it would be chaper to go with Dirctv, get huge discounts for 4 months, free HBO... and in a year go for the deals with Dish. Been a Dish customer for 7 years - isnt customer loyalty worth a remote? I know, I will quit the whining! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)