Remote not working in one room

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Red_dog

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Okay my problem, I have hws, the remote works great in all of the room,and outside except one room. This room is the closest to the hws, I can even see it. However the remote is very slugest in this room, keep moving it around and it will work.
So is there anything I can do fit it, or find out what clausing the problem.

Thanks

You can check the range of the remote by doing the following

1. Confirm the remote control is linked to the Hopper or Joey receiver.
2. Press and hold the SAT button for several seconds on the linked remote until all the mode buttons are lit, then release SAT. The SAT light blinks.
3. Press and hold the Input/Pair button for several seconds until the SAT mode light blinks and then stays lit. Then release the Input/Recover button. The remote control is in LQI mode.
4. After about five seconds, the remote control will provide feedback on its range to the Hopper/Joey, as follows:
Three mode buttons are lit
If three or all four mode buttons are lit and the speaker is beeping rapidly, then the remote control is well within reliable operating range.
Two mode buttons are lit
If two mode buttons are lit, you may want to reposition and/or reorient the antenna and extension cable to try to improve range, but remote operation should be adequate from this range.
One mode button is lit
If one mode button or none is lit, the remote may not operate the receiver. Check the connectors and reposition/reorient the antenna and extension cable to improve remote reception.
6. Press any button on the remote control to exit the special LQI mode and return to normal remote operation.

Reactions: dlmcmurr
Okay my problem, I have hws, the remote works great in all of the room,and outside except one room. This room is the closest to the hws, I can even see it. However the remote is very slugest in this room, keep moving it around and it will work.
So is there anything I can do fit it, or find out what clausing the problem.

Thanks
Try reorienting the remote antenna on the back of the Hopper. Even an inch could make a difference. There is also supposed to be a remote antenna extension kit that would allow you to find a better location for that antenna. I'd contact a DIRT member as the normal CSRs will probably send you the one for previous receivers (F connectors). You need a special one for Hopper as it uses slightly different connectors.

Try reorienting the remote antenna on the back of the Hopper. Even an inch could make a difference. There is also supposed to be a remote antenna extension kit that would allow you to find a better location for that antenna. I'd contact a DIRT member as the normal CSRs will probably send you the one for previous receivers (F connectors). You need a special one for Hopper as it uses slightly different connectors.
I have used a basic RG6 coax and barrel connector. Never had a problem.

I have used a basic RG6 coax and barrel connector. Never had a problem.
That doesn't work on Hopper, at least on mine. Most older Dish receivers use standard F connectors and a standard RG-6 cable with F-connectors and a barrel will work to extend the remote antenna. However the 922 and Hopper use an M10 connector which looks like an F connector but has a different thread.

Here's an old thread I found on SatelliteGuys on the subject:

TV2 Remote Antenna Boost on 922 | SatelliteGuys.US

One poster said a push-on F connector works on the receiver end, then a remote antenna that uses an F connector on the other end. You could probably also just strip back 5" of the RG-6 shield to make an antenna.

Dish has an article written for the 922 but applies to Hopper as well. According to a post from MattG in the thread above, the part number in the article is incorrect and no kit is available.

View attachment 922remtext.pdf

I can't find M10 connectors available on the web.

When I did it, it was on an H2K at release. Like I said, nothing special, all parts bought standard at Home Depot. Worked just fine.

It was one that I had already had that I was using with my 722. Again, that homemade pigtail worked without a hitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts