remote on/off button?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kidrem

Original poster
Nov 29, 2006
Des Moines, Iowa
Greetings all,

I have been enjoying my Voom STB now for a few weeks. Wow! HDTV is stunning!:eek:
I've seen it briefly before at different places, but for some reason watching it with my gear at my place it is just incredible!

Ok, back to the subject, I have been using the front panel button to turn the unit on and off, a bit annoying. The FAQ's say there is no discreet on/off IR codes. I have assumed this meant that you cannot turn the unit on and off with the remote. Well, I stumbled onto an on/off button on the remote, it is the SAT button at the top. It is as simple as it sounds; on, off.:eureka:

Maybe you all knew this but thought I'd post it just in case it would help someone!

kidrem

You use the "sat" button on the remote control because they once operated as satellite receivers. Unfortunately, there no longer is a Voom satellite service and the satellite tuners inside these receivers are useless unless someone clever enough can devise a new way of making them FTA capable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)