Remote Replacement Help Guide

Any ideas on options/info sources?

Is there a decent universal remote that will substitute for the IR/UHF Pro Dish remotes? One that, for instance, learns other remotes IR codes and allows for macro programming? The 6.2 IR/UHF Pro can barely make my TV work and the buttons are all wrong, and it fails entirely on my DVD recorder.

Since I can find no documentaiton of the UHF codes these remotes emit and on what frequencies, it would likely be impossible to rig something to send IR signals to (say, from a decent universal remote...), that would then emit the UHF signals that these things natively send for various of the remote's buttons.

I need something with better capabilities to control the equipment in the room displaying my TV2 output from my DVR 625 dual tuner unit. Any ideas out there are welcome. A universal remote that can learn UHF commands would be ideal, but some ideas about how to get the info to build my proposed "IR command to UHF command translator" are OK as well.

This is getting mighty complicated. I have a 622. I have ordered from EBAY another remote for TV1, (IR 5.3)

I have a leftover 811 UHF remote. Can I use that in any manner to control TV 1, or TV 2. Just anything so it is not just another wasted toss in the garbage remote.

Help

I tried it and it works! Here is how I have my 6.2 remote programmed. It has the blue TV2 key although I could put the TV1 UHF Pro key in it and get the same result if I wanted to identify the remote as being used on one tv output only or to distinguish it from the other remotes.

In SAT mode it is operating a 522 satellite receiver in single user mode. I enabled UHF PRO control for TV1. In AUX mode it operates the 721. The 522 is connected through the 721's front ports which means all I have to do is hit 0 in AUX mode then press SAT mode to operate the other receiver. The UHF function seems to work well in AUX mode for the 721. All I have to do is take this remote into any room of the house and turn it to the respectful channel in order to gain access to either the 721 or 522 receiver. Since I have it in share mode I can access TV1 in single user mode on a UHF channel as well. Channel 3 gets me 721 and Channel 55 gets me 522. If I put it in dual user mode I can still get the same result since I do not have channel 3 from the 522 connected to that coax cable, only the 721's channel 3 is on that splitter on the coax so that the 721 and 522's channel 3 do not interfere with each other.

I have tried to do something similar in the past but had no luck. I have a 522 and 622 and each go to separate tvs on tv 2. Is there any way to wire the tv twos where I could get both the 622 and 522 signals on both tv twos? I. E. on each tv the 522 could be channel 3 and the 622 73? Does that make since? I tried it with diplexers and spittlers but could not make it work. Any help?

Can you have two tv2 remotes on one receiver? You program your receiver to work with the remote, but what if you have the signal running to two tv2s, the same program of course. If you split the signal to two tvs. How can you have two different tv2 remotes to control the receiver?

Trouthead: In case you have not found your answer yet.

The 5.3 IR remote you ordered from ebay will only work on the ViP 622 TV1 - when in the same room, so it is nothing more than a spare remote for your current 5.3 IR. A 6.2 or 6.3 IR/UHF PRO with extra "key tabs", in my opinion, would have been better, then you could have used it as a (1) Spare TV1 IR (local), (2) a TV1 UHF PRO (from different room), or (3) an additional TV2 UHF PRO.

Sbturner:

(1) You should be able to take the output of the 522 and the 622, combine them using a splitter/combiner, then take this combined signal and send it to a splitter, which can feed multiple TV's. Each of the Outputs must be on different channels, and on the 622, TV1 and TV2 Outputs must be spaced by at least 2 channels (61 & 63). So, you should be able to set the 522 and 622 to use TV Channels (not Cable Channels and then combine them as follows:
- 522 TV1 Channel 3 or 4,
- 522 TV2 Channel 61,
- 622 TV1 Channel 63, and
- 622 TV2 Channel 65,
and then send to all of your TV's. Your TV's will have to be sent to Antenna Mode and not Cable Mode.
Note: Diplexers will not work, and some splitters will not work (in reverse) as a combiner.

(2) Yes, you can have more than one remote to control a tuner, i.e, you can have many remotes to control the same ViP622 TV2 Output. Once your ViP622 TV2 Output is working with the supplied remote, you must use the correct "Key Tab" and "Remote Address Code" on the additional remotes. That is, make sure you are using the Blue 2 UHF PRO tab, and then program Satellite Mode with the correct Remote Address.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
You must have different remote address codes between each receiver and/or each tuner. Therefore, try this:

522 TV1 = Remote Address 1
522 TV2 = Remote Address 2
622 TV1 = Remote Address 3
622 TV2 = Remote Address 4

Then if you are in a bedroom that has access to all 4 signals across the cable, if you are using TV2 remote, you can switch between the 522 TV2 and 622 TV2 by manually changing the Remote Address code each time, but you may want to consider another remote.:D

SmityWhity,
Thanks for the help. I ended up with the IR remote from EBAY. It is just so the wife can change channels and adjust volume. in the main (TV-1) room. Even when we had the 811, with two UHF remotes she always pointed it at the tv (old habits die hard), so a IR works just fine. Only have one other TV and on that one we are using the TV-2 UHF remote. The price of happiness (at least TV remote wise), under $12.00.

Thanks Smity Whity, your advice on the combiner/splitter worked like a charm. I can get the 522 and 622 now on both tv 2's, oh how sweet. Thanks man!

After looking at the chart from Dish for a replacement remote for my 721 I bought two 6.2's on eBay. One had flaky buttons and so the seller replaced it. I now have three 6.2 IR/UHF PRO remotes and only the one with flaky buttons works the 721! That one has the number 131961 on the label. The other two look identical but have the number 137174 and won't do anything with the 721 using the same batteries and black UHF key as the first one. They all work for an 811 using a silver UHF PRO key. (All are addressed correctly) I called Dish and they could not explain what the problem might be so they are sending me a replacement at no charge to go with my replacement 721 which I just received today. It was constantly interrupting with "acquiring signal" and could not complete a switch check correctly (DPP44). The new 721 had no problem with it.

Rob

Using 2 remotes on TV2 on 625

Hi, I am new here and new to Dishnetwork as well. I have a 625 in which I mirror TV2 to a bedroom TV. Instead of carrying a remote upstairs I purchased a second 6.0 Uhf pro remote. Is there someway to set up the receiver so I can use 2 separate remotes for TV2?
TIA

Ebay is the way to go.. I got remotes just piling up I just toss them after a while. :D
My Platinum remote is wearing out, most of the buttons require several pushes to work.

In reading the eBay ads, they're all used remotes, concerned that I'd get another worn out remote.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I have been looking for the perfect universal remote for my needs. Got to be simple, no LCD screen. It should also be a learning remote.

If Dish Network would introduce a learning remote that was laid out like their current remote controls, perhaps with 4 or 5 extra buttons for special functions, THAT would be the only remote control I would need.

How about it Dish? :D

My Platinum remote is wearing out, most of the buttons require several pushes to work.

In reading the eBay ads, they're all used remotes, concerned that I'd get another worn out remote.
Well I took the eBay plunge, ordered two used platnium remotes from a high rated seller. Two for ~$17 to my PO Box, arrived in ~1 week, minor blemishes, both work well . . . very pleased. :)

HM-DSR100 replacement remote?

I didn't see any mention of my receiver in the brochure Scott posted. Is there a replacement for the JVC HM-DSR100?

For those of you who may not be old enough to remember those, they include a digital VHS recorder integrated with a DISH receiver.

I know, I know, why don't I just replace the whole thing? Well, I'm going to upgrade to HD but not until the bird at 129 is replaced. I'm treading water until then.

Thanks for any ideas out there.

I have a 622 receiver, with the 5.3 and 6.3 remotes as well as an 8.0 remote from a previous 811 receiver.

I run my receiver in dual mode even though I only have one output (HD), there is no secondary SD output.

I'm trying to use either the 6.3 or 8.0 to control the HD TV1 because I need to use RF due to rearrangement of TV and receiver. I have had no luck getting the 8.0 to control the 622 receiver. I was able to get the 6.3 to control TV1 but only in single mode.

Is there a way to use the 8.0 UHF remote to control the 622 in dual mode? Or, even the 6.3 in dual mode?

Thanks,
George

My 722 came with 2 remotes. As I only run the 722 in single mode, I'd like to program the other 6.3 IR/UHF Pro as a second remote for my 211 in our bedroom (hate fighting the wife for the only remote). I know there is an "A/B" switch inside the battery compartment and when I pull out the blue "2" key there is another switch that has several setting options. Anyone know what combination to use and how I can get it linked with the 211?

1.) I got a 625 (operating in single mode) to replace a 508. I have 4 Dish Platinum remotes that work UHF with the 508. They all work IR with the 625. Is there any way to make them work UHF with the 625?
2.) Is there any way to get the "green" remote "1" (5.0) to work UHF with the single mode 625?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts