Remote that works with DirecTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lovswr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Can anybody recommend a CHEAP remote that works with DirecTv Receivers & Sony stuff? (D-10 & D-10 200 specifically; especially the D10-200) I have tried two All-4-Ones & a couple of cheap (by cheap I mean 30 bucks or less but I would probably go up to 60 if I have to) & nobody seems to control these boxes (even though they list DirecTV on the package).

All of the cheaper universal remotes are going to have deficiencies of some sort. One limitation will be that you are bound by the buttons that are provided. I would think some of the cheaper remotes would provide most of the functionality you want - especially if they can learn or use discrete codes.

If you're willing to spend a little more, the Home Theater Master or Harmony remotes should provide what you're looking for. They are much more customizable.

There is all kinds of remote information at http://www.remotecentral.com

D10 receivers are so new most blister pack universal remotes do not have codes for them. I'd find a learning remote if you're looking for a lower cost universal remote for D10 recievers. That being said, I'm wondering if you could be able to program the D10's remote to run the Sony equipment you have? There is a way to change the volume lock from the TV to a surround sound/home theater system. It's in the universal remote manual that's on the D* website.

I also agree, spend the money on home theater master, or the harmony (I have the harmony myself) You'll be glad you did, and it will last you a long time. The Harmony's are especially easy to program.

I personally have the Home Theater Master MX-700, and I would HIGHLY recommend it for anyone with more than one remote sitting on the coffee table. I have bought them as Xmas gifts for family and friends. It is fully cusomizable, has plenty of Macro functions, and exceeds in the "Thick Fluffy Blanket" test run by Remote Central...valuable test actually. Most importantly, it fully operates EVERY single component that I have in my home theater...and is still programmed with all controls for E* (dropped in January), Voom (dropped in April), and Comcast (dropped in August). I keep them in the remote JIC I ever make a switch. I would only need to "tweak" the existing functions to match the equipment.

Overall, I give it two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

PS - If you are willing to spend a little bit more, you can step up to the MX-800 (or is it the 900) and have all your functions and macros designed and saved on your home PC for easy transfer and update.

atp1313 said:
PS - If you are willing to spend a little bit more, you can step up to the MX-800 (or is it the 900) and have all your functions and macros designed and saved on your home PC for easy transfer and update.
Doesn't the mx-700 allow you to design on your PC? (I have the mx-500, so maybe I'm remembering wrong...)

Just bought the 659

Just bought the 659 today.

I have the 10-250 and a DVD- from Pioneer. It looks like a good remote and I will be testing it out for a week or so. It is a little quirky but time will tell.
The MX 500 seems to be the other recommendation, locally I have the 200 and 300 to test drive. Can someone let me know which one is the closest to the 500.
Thanks.

P.S Don't mean to hijack the thread, I think this is an important continuing discussion since so many are buying the 10-250 these days.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)