remotes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hoboken

Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I just bought 2 olevia hdtv's for the kids room, but dish network remote cannot be programmed to control volume, on/off ofthe tv. (ir 1.5) ---tried 2 dish tech's, any suggestions.

If I recall the olevia's won't work with the older remotes, 1.5 ir is old. I don't want to say go out and buy another remote, but I *think* the 6.2's will work. Maybe someone can confirm this.

I just bought 2 olevia hdtv's for the kids room, but dish network remote cannot be programmed to control volume, on/off ofthe tv. (ir 1.5) ---tried 2 dish tech's, any suggestions.

Sorry to tell you but the Dish remotes (6.2 or otherwise) will not control your Olevia TV. The solution is to go to Walmart and purchase an SONY VL600 learning remote for $25. Its pretty easy to set up and easy to use once you get used to it. I was bummed when I discovered that the Dish remotes wouldn't work with my Olevia but now I use the SONY to control my TV, Dish receiver and audio receiver and its easier to use than the Dish remote. Just takes awhile to program all the buttons in the different modes. BTW, the Olevia remote IS IR--and so is the SONY, of course. Hope this helps.

Ed

Sorry to tell you but the Dish remotes (6.2 or otherwise) will not control your Olevia TV. The solution is to go to Walmart and purchase an SONY VL600 learning remote for $25. Its pretty easy to set up and easy to use once you get used to it. I was bummed when I discovered that the Dish remotes wouldn't work with my Olevia but now I use the SONY to control my TV, Dish receiver and audio receiver and its easier to use than the Dish remote. Just takes awhile to program all the buttons in the different modes. BTW, the Olevia remote IS IR--and so is the SONY, of course. Hope this helps.

Ed

I have an Olevia 242V and the Sony VL600. However, I already had another tv programmed on the VL600. I followed the instructions to to delete the old tv. I tried this several times and it did not delete the old tv. It won't learn the Olevia remote. Any suggestions? Also, I just got a new DVD player. Maybe I should just erase everything on the remote and start over. Is there a way to restore the factory settings? I'd rather not do that since the Dish, Receiver and Cd player are already learned. Sorry if this post is in the wrong place. Thanks for the help.

The instructions for deleting always worked for me. But learning over a code will automatically replace it with the learned ones.

I have an Olevia 242V and the Sony VL600. However, I already had another tv programmed on the VL600. I followed the instructions to to delete the old tv. I tried this several times and it did not delete the old tv. It won't learn the Olevia remote. Any suggestions? Also, I just got a new DVD player. Maybe I should just erase everything on the remote and start over. Is there a way to restore the factory settings? I'd rather not do that since the Dish, Receiver and Cd player are already learned. Sorry if this post is in the wrong place. Thanks for the help.
I'm guessing you're not HOLDING DOWN the SET button while pressing the TV button. You must KEEP the SET button depressed while you also hold down the TV button for over 3 seconds. When the erasing is learned the SET light goes off. Mine would NOT automatically learn a new code over the old one. I also had trouble erasing because I didn't realize you had to keep the SET button depressed. Hope this does the trick!:up

Ed

BTW, I also have the 242V.

Last edited:
After about a dozen tries I finally got it to work. I've programmed the Olevia remote onto the Sony. However, there is a new problem. All of the buttons are hyper sensitive and fast. For example, if I press the channel up button it changes two channels; if I press the tv/video button it scrolls through three or four inputs instead of just going to the next one. It's very strange. Also, I can't get it to learn the "6" button. Any suggestions?

Dunno what the problem might be but if it were me I'd reset the Sony to the factory settings & start from scratch. I know, huge PITA.:mad: The instructions to do that are on pg.35 of the Sony manual. If you don't have the manual let me know & I'll be happy to post 'em. Good luck!

Ed

Thanks for the advice. I might just do that. I do still have my instruction manual. Is there a code to enter on it for the Dish VIP211 so I don't have to re-learn the entire thing?

Nah, there's no code for any Dish receiver/remote that I'm aware of:(. Gotta be learned.
Ed
Not true. There are several including one-for-all remotes. The problem I ran into using one of these with the 522/622 is that only a few keys work. The biggest missing ones are the "guide" button and the DVR button. I think they just copied the keys from the first E* DBS receivers.

The SONY VL600 remote does not come with any codes for Dish equipment. That is the one I'm talking about. It does have plenty of buttons including GUIDE and SAT works fine for my 622 & 722 including DVR functions. The ONLY shortfall for me was that there is only one "forward" and one "rewind" button so I had to choose between skip ahead/skip back or fast forward/ back. Skip forward & back were much more important to me. For a few of the odd features you need to be creative and use a button that may not use the same term. If I need to move quickly forward/back then I do have to resort to the Dish remote. I've tried a couple of other "one for all" remotes and they were pretty much useless because of the reasons you mention. More trouble than they were worth. There are high end remotes that I'm sure are much better but for $25 I'm very satisfied.

Ed

Yes, the RM-VL600 is pretty nice. I use an MX-900 for my main room but the RM-VL600 does great in the bedrooms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)