REN values of Dish receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kirby Baker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2004
Somewhere in space
I am trying to find the REN values for my dish receivers, 622 and 411, to determine if the total of all my devices is greater than what my VOIP ATA can handle. Does anyone happen to know what the values for these receivers are, or where I might find them? I didnt see it in the manuals.

There is a lable on the back starting out with "US:". The Label off a 811 reads US:5G6DT05BID020. The 6th and 7th characters are the REN. In this case it it 05 which means the REN is 0.5.

Wow, this is a term I haven't herd in a LONG time.....

I kind of assume in these days of digital electronics that REN is getting pretty unimportant.

I just can't see any of these devices pulling anywhere near the current of an old mechanical striker and bell.

I'm actually surprised that your 811 is 0.5 . I bet it's actually a lot lower.

Kirby: What is your voip rated to drive?

Sipura SPA-2002 is rate at a max of 3.0 REN. With 1 wireless phone, and 2 receivers I should have no issues at all I assume. And I dont know if that 3.0 is a limit of the device or the VOIP provider, I assume the device.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts