Replace 222k with 211k

jlong27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
Katy, TX
I do not need a dual tuner receiver and figured I would just have dish send me a 211 and ship my 222k back. Well that requires a $95 trip charge and a new 2 year contract. Is that correct?

If so I would be better off purchasing a 211 off Ebay or Craigslist.

Just wondering if there are any other options?

Thanks,
John

I do not need a dual tuner receiver and figured I would just have dish send me a 211 and ship my 222k back. Well that requires a $95 trip charge and a new 2 year contract. Is that correct?

If so I would be better off purchasing a 211 off Ebay or Craigslist.

Just wondering if there are any other options?

Thanks,
John
YES

YES

NO

Why change except for the DVR add on, the 222 is still a HD receiver?

It would reduce my bill by $7 and I can add the blockbuster pack for $10 and drop my $15 netflix. So why change? Basically money. I have a 622 as my primary receiver.

So it sounds like I should find a clear receiver on ebay or craigs list.

Thanks.

Unless the 222s get the ability to convert to a DVR like the 211s (which I know will never happen), the 222s aren't really a whole lot useful except if you just want to watch good old regular TV on live only. In my opinion, if you have a 222 (or a 322) as a secondary receiver, it's best to swap it because I don't they're worth the extra $14/month.

Check with Zach FIRST! It was years ago now, but I was able to get two leased 612s shipped, rather than installed.

In my opinion, if you have a 222 (or a 322) as a secondary receiver, it's best to swap it because I don't they're worth the extra $14/month.
Agreed with one wrinkle. I would prefer two 211's over a single 222 any day, because then I could feed two HDTVs with different material AND convert the both of them to DVRs. Same monthly fee.

I did the same thing last year when they started charging more for the dual turner receivers. Now I have 2 211's with DVR's and HD feeds to both t.v.'s. It is the same price monthly, so it was a no brainer. I did have a tech come out and make the swap, but it didn't cost me anything, other than a 2 year agreement.

It sounds like your situation was a little different, I'm simply swapping out 1 HD receiver for another. A simple plug and play change, no rewire or modification to the existing dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)