replace 500 with 1000?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bobojr

Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post. I have an old model 500 antenna that I will be moving soon as I have some trees on the next door property that are blocking the signal.I am thinking of replacing it with a 1000 antenna. Would this work? Will it be worth it if I want to upgrade my Programming? Thanks

bobojr said:
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post. I have an old model 500 antenna that I will be moving soon as I have some trees on the next door property that are blocking the signal.I am thinking of replacing it with a 1000 antenna. Would this work? Will it be worth it if I want to upgrade my Programming? Thanks
Only worth it if you are upgrading your programming. And then you can get it essentially free.

bobojr said:
Hello Everyone,
I am not the official greeter for SatelliteGuys.US but welcome aboard. More information is needed as to the upgrade from a 500 to a 1000. Your location,current receivers and what upgrades you are considering. Again welcome to SatGuys. Obtw DishNetwork offers certain upgrades with little or no up front fees for qualified customers.

Last edited:
I have a DVR 510 reciever and at this time I have americas top 120 and will be upgrading soon to the top 180. Will this be a wise move in getting a 1000 dish?Oh! forgot location: Central Louisiana

Last edited:
if your just upgrading to top 180 , then ther's no need for d1000...however if your considering hd , then a dish 1000 or 2nd dish is required for programming. dish 1000 picks up 3 sat locations: 119,110, & 129.in future will be able to pick up 188.8 ( for locals/international)

DISHDIVA said:
if your just upgrading to top 180 , then ther's no need for d1000...however if your considering hd , then a dish 1000 or 2nd dish is required for programming. dish 1000 picks up 3 sat locations: 119,110, & 129.in future will be able to pick up 188.8 ( for locals/international)

By "188.8" do you really mean the "118.7" satellite that will be part of the new Dish 500+ and Dish 1000+ systems???

That's what he meant - 118.7; receivers will either show 118 or 119K.

However, there are 3 new dishes:
(1) Dish 500+ which adds 118.7 to 119/110
(2) Dish 1000+ which adds 118.7 to 119/110/129 (This is actually a 500+ with a bracket and extra LNBF.)
(3) Dish 1000.2 which still only picks up 119/110/129, but the dish is bigger than the current Dish 1000, but smaller than the dish used for the 500+/1000+.

I suspect that the current Dish 1000 will no longer be manufactered.

Central Louisiana. I just got back a couple of hours ago from visiting the New Orleans and Lafayette areas. It rained every day the past week around Lafayette, and slightly in NOLA.

If it rains hard enough to cause loss of signal with the Dish 500, it more than likely would cause loss of signal with the current Dish 1000, so would be no benefit to upgrade if you did not need the extra birds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts