replace a single LNB with a triple

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

twayne

Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
mineola, tx.
I know this is going to seem extremely basic to most of you, but it is so foreign to me... CAN YA"LL HELP ME??? I have had a single lnb on my house for a few years and want to replace it with a triple lnb that i have. I have yet to remove the single, but i have the triple in my hands and notice that it has four hookups on it for the cable. When i take down the single what will i find. I have 2 tv's hooked up now, so i assume there will be 2 coax cables, is this right? If so, does it matter where i hook them up on the triple? Will the aiming still be on mark if all i do is remove the dish, not the mounting arm, and simply put the 18x20 dish in the same posistion? I know this is so easy for most of you, but i really don't have a clue and an not interested in paying Direct $50 to come to my house and do this. All info will be read and all replies are most appreciated!!! Be sure and include info that will allow a 1'st time novice to do this!! Many, Many THANKS....

What is on the face of both dishes is the existing one a 500 and the new one a 1000? What are the model numbers of your receivers? Sorry originally answered as a D* post then with Iceberg posting thought it was a DISH question and edited post.

Last edited:
what about aiming, will it still be on the mark?

no. Reason is the single LNB is aimed right at 101. The triple dish if I remember right gets aimed at 110 (the middle LNB).

Since I dont have DirecTv I cant comment on aiming it but from other sat systems here is what I would do

1. since you have to use 110 as the middle, skew the LNB 20 degrees on the back. I dont know if this is 110 or 70 on the skew but if you are holding the dish with the arm of the dish sticking out the left LNB will be the highest
(I got this number from using your location in the profile and using the aim chart above on thelist )
2. put dish on mast and line up the centre LNB with the mark you have
3. slowly move the dish east a little bit and it should lock onto 101 and hopefully 110 & 119 fall into place

What is on the face of both dishes is the existing one a 500 and the new one a 1000? What are the model numbers of your receivers?

Bob
I think he posted in the wrong area. He's talking about DIrecTv and posted in the dish area accidentally ;)

I know this is going to seem extremely basic to most of you, but it is so foreign to me... CAN YA"LL HELP ME??? I have had a single lnb on my house for a few years and want to replace it with a triple lnb that i have. I have yet to remove the single, but i have the triple in my hands and notice that it has four hookups on it for the cable. When i take down the single what will i find. I have 2 tv's hooked up now, so i assume there will be 2 coax cables, is this right? If so, does it matter where i hook them up on the triple? Will the aiming still be on mark if all i do is remove the dish, not the mounting arm, and simply put the 18x20 dish in the same posistion? I know this is so easy for most of you, but i really don't have a clue and an not interested in paying Direct $50 to come to my house and do this. All info will be read and all replies are most appreciated!!! Be sure and include info that will allow a 1'st time novice to do this!! Many, Many THANKS....
You will gain nothing except experience by changing dishes. Your programming comes off the 101 satellite the 18x20 Phase3 dish looks at Satellites 101/110 &119 so by changing you will gain access to Spanish and Chineese programming if you want to subscribe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts