Replaced Satellite

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
Hi,

I live in north eastern Maine, and I recently change out my 3 LBN eastern arc dish (I don't get 77 anyway) as sats were constantly losing signal. Have to say, getting the newer dual LNB eastern arc dish (61.5/72) was a huge improvement signal wise and must easier to point. I know this would not apply to everyone, but I think it could be helpful for some.

Thanks,

J

I read the thread title and thought that somebody launched a new satellite while we were sleeping. :biggrin

I happen to agree with you that a 1000.2 EA dish gives better performance than a 1000.4 EA dish but be prepared for those who disagree who will vehemently argue the opposite.

Last edited:
3 LNBFs, 2 LNBFs are the same to aim. You aim with just one LNBF. Assuming you have the Skew set, you hit one you hit them all.

Signal levels for me are almost identical between the 2 dishes, with the 1000.4 having only one or two points more on the receiver meter. Probably because of the fine tuning adjustments on the 1000.4. That being said would rather use the 1000.2

I have to side with jdt on this one. I live in CT and I am on the Eastern arc.

A while back, Dish called me to tell me that my signal strengths were low and they scheduled a tech visit. I had the 3 LNB dish. The tech tried for a very long time and then finally gave up because he could not get acceptable signal strengths with the 3 LNB dish. He replaced it with the dual LNB dish and my signal strengths went up considerably. There is a thread on this board where I posted the before and after signal strength readings.For me, there was a big improvement with the dual LNB dish.

I read the thread title and thought that somebody launched a new satellite while we were sleeping. :biggrin

I happen to agree with you that a 1000.2 EA dish gives better performance than a 1000.4 EA dish but be prepared for those who disagree who will vehemently argue the opposite.

Maybe it depends on where you are? 1000.4 always gave better performance around where I am it seems.

Reactions: TheKrell

The original EA antenna ( 1000.4) was a large and bulky piece.
It took a bit of muscle to handle it and a deft touch to align it....
The 1000.2 (WA) antenna was much easier to handle and easier to align. I understand the 1000.2 EA is the same antenna with a different LNB.

Maybe it depends on where you are? 1000.4 always gave better performance around where I am it seems.
The point four has a larger surface area and thus more gain. Therefore the frequency of rain fade is reduced. Very important in thunderstorm crazy Florida.

I relocate our tripod mounted 1K4 as often as daily as we travel in our RV. I don't find it to be hard to handle at all, and the built-in fine tuning adjustments for azimuth and elevation make aligning it quite easy regardless of which arc LNBF I have installed at the time.

I use a DPP 1000.2 with an Elevation fine adjustment modification from TV4RV.com. Really makes a difference in setup. Never had a problem with Azimuth tweaking.

The 1K4 needs no fine tuning mods, it already has a fine tuning adjustment similar to what TV4RV sells. The only mod I made to my 1K4 was to replace all the adjustment nuts with large wingnuts for a no tools needed setup and alignment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)