replacement 211 seems to work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shelly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2003
A week ago, I started a thread about receiving both 61.5 and 129, thinking my upgrade to mpeg 4 VIP 211 included new 1000.2 dish. The installer, however, kept my current setup (dish 500 for 110,119 and dish 300 aimed at 61.5 with 2 sw-21 switches) and just gave me new 211.

I had 7 freezes in the first 4 hours, doing soft and hard reboots to get 10-30 minutes before another freeze. Dish agreed to send me replacement 211, which has been running fine for almost 3 hours straight now. That's a major improvement over my first 211 and hopefully it will continue to play on forever.

Also discovered a leak between walls in my home today, with a fix costing approximately $1500, but knowing that my replacement 211 is fine makes the day shine. :)

Shelly

And thanks for the support you lent in my other thread when I was having all the problems with my first 211.

Some concern this morning as I always leave my sat and cable boxes on 24/7 and noticed the Dish 211 green light was not on. I turned on the tv and there was a Dish screen telling me to press the Select button.

Something told me to go into Preferences and I found the setting for Inactivity/Sleep and disabled it.

Yeah, owning your own home does have some expensive pitfalls.

Shelly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)