Replacement Hopper, need to start over

gringogeorge

Original poster
Mar 13, 2015
Texas
I just received a replacement Hopper (third one so far) and it is refusing to connect to my two wired Joeys. Probably something I missed during initial install. How can I reset everything and start over as if I had just unboxed the new receiver?

We will need you to reset the entire system. The proper way to reset the system is done in the order listed below.

*If you do not have the device in step 3 and 7, please skip to the next step.*

1) Unplug the Hopper
2) Unplug all of the Joeys (or pull out the power adapter)
3) Unplug the Hopper Internet Connector (you may not have this part if the Hopper is connected via Ethernet)
4) Wait 10 seconds
5) Plug in the Hopper
6) Plug in all of the Joeys
7) Plug in the Hopper Internet Connector
After you complete these steps, will you please tell me what you see on your screen?

We will need you to reset the entire system. The proper way to reset the system is done in the order listed below.

1) Unplug the Hopper
3) Unplug the Hopper Internet Connector (you may not have this part if the Hopper is connected via Ethernet)
4) Wait 10 seconds
5) Plug in the Hopper
After you complete these steps, will you please tell me what you see on your screen?

535 Acquiring Signal

1) Unplug the Hopper
4) Wait 10 seconds
5) Plug in the Hopper

535 Acquiring Signal

I would check the connection to the Duo Node. Make sure the Hopper is connected to the Host, and all 3 inputs are connected to the feeds from the satellite.

Edit: and run a check switch when everything is connected

Contacted a Dish tech who sent me to the correct menu to check signal. All green, pointed at the right satellite, system sees Joeys but will not connect.

When I got my replacement Hopper I had to do a couple of check switch tests before the receiver would stop looking for 119 and look to the Eastern Arc. It would just sit and say acquiring satellites. Had to do the hard unplug routine a couple of times and then it finally got itself righted.

When I got my replacement Hopper I had to do a couple of check switch tests before the receiver would stop looking for 119 and look to the Eastern Arc. It would just sit and say acquiring satellites. Had to do the hard unplug routine a couple of times and then it finally got itself righted.
I have 119 sat feed into my eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish ,just because of this problem. When ever I got a new receiver or replacement hopper it always defaults to looking for 119 sat ,no matter that I have eastern arc. I finally got tired of this happening and added the 119 sat on another dish just to be able to get any hopper or new receiver up and running without all the drama.

This may or may not be what you're talking about:

You cannot connect to the Joeys from the Hopper. You have to go to each Joey and link it to the Hopper.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

yes i know that the new hoppers and joeys can't connect unless it instructs you call dish and 1-800-333-DISH Phone number that is shown on the Attention 129 screen which is called an Receiver Activation Program and the 1-800-333-DISH phone number is on the System Information Screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)