Replacing a Hopper with a Joey

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Anyone know if a Joey will work off a host port on a duo node?

I have 2 HWS and an owned Joey. I was wondering if I turned in a HWS if I could just place the Joey in its place or if I must move the coax at the node to a client port. And then put in a terminator on the host port?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Need to know a little more. How are your receivers currently connected? Obviously the HwSs are on the host ports, is the current Joey on it's own client port or a tap? Are you adding another Joey or are you just putting the current Joey in the Hopper's place?

I think he wants to move the Joey to the 2nd Hopper location.... He needs to move the coax.
Swapping ports on the node would be my first choice, but if the node is mounted with the dish on the roof or some other inaccessible location, putting in a tap with the hopper port terminated should work.

Actually, I don't plan on doing anything, but got into some "What IFs."

I plan to deactivate an owned Joey, been putting it off for a while. Then I started wondering if a Joey would work off a host port. Just wondering. In my case, access to the node is easy in my attic, so swapping coax is no big deal. Just have to ID which coax goes to which Hopper. They were labeled for the installer who swapped out my ViP722s for my HWSs. For some reason, he took all the labels off when he was done.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If you are that curious just try it. If you are deactivating the Joey anyway just move it to the Hopper location, put a barrel and a terminator on the Joey cable. You won't even need to go into the attic for the trial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts