Replacing old 510 qpsk

interd0g

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
miami
I hear the 510 and similar qpsk are fading fast and mine is 8 years old and grumpy. I need a replacement but it is very very hard to change the single feed from my legacy twin dish setup ( 100+ feet and underground and unpullable.) So I need an 8psk receiver, SD which can run on a single feed cable carrying 110+ 119. If I get a 612 will it feel happy with my sd only arc and a single feed cable? The 512 seems like an option but thin on the ground.
Sickly enough I had a new ( unused?) 512 in its box hanging around but when I hooked it up it already had a dead HDrive
I guess change a Hdrive is out of the question?

If your cable is good, you do not have to replace it. You may need to change out the whole dish or just the lnb on your present Dish.

Dish Network is presently in the process of replacing all the old QPSK receivers out there. Have you contacted Dish about a free upgrade done by them?

If you are west of the Mississippi, you probably can get a 512 to replace your 510, but if your TV market is located on the eastern arc satellite, you would have to go to a VIP class receiver (EA is all MPEG4 and Dish is moving some market areas to the Eastern Arc satellites.

Call Dish or better yet Private Message one of the Dish Internet Response Team (DIRT) that regularly hang out here. Their ID will say they are a part of that team and are very helpful.

In fact, Dish has been replacing SOME old 510's with ViP 722K's and 211K's. OP, I would wait for Dish to send you the official letter, which should be coming any day now, because Dish wants to meet a May 2015 deadline. So, sit tight for now and let Dish pay for EVERYTHING to upgrade you to 8PSK for your same services today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)