Replacing the loop out.

vanalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Northeast Indiana
I know it was talked about in the previous massive thread but I did not understand the answer. I will be ordering the microHD and use as main receiver retiring the coolsat 6000. The 6000 is looped out to the AZBox which will now be only used for 4.2.2 channels. This will not be too often but would like to able to use both at same time. I believe one of these is the correct one.

Satellite AV, LLC - Satellite Broadcaster Support and Equipment Distribution 8954.png

or

Satellite AV, LLC - Satellite Broadcaster Support and Equipment Distribution 8955.jpg

or am I way off base and it is neither. If neither, would someone please point me in the right direction. If there is a better way, I am also all ears. Well, here I guess all eyes.

This is exactly what I'm planning on doing when I receive my microHD. I ordered the splitter from SatAV that passes power to ONE port only. That's the first splitter you included in your post. I think this is the way to go because you don't want power that's meant for the LNB going from your microHD and into your AzBox. I had a thread that touched upon this a few weeks ago (just ignore the stuff about multiple LNBFs)...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/286198-without-loop-out-im-lost-time.html

Last edited:
Personally I use the 2x1 all port power passing with diode steering in my set-up. The diode steering prevents voltage from back feeding the other receiver.

All I have to remember is to power off the unused STB so not to be sending out 18VDC and wondering why the other receiver would tune vertical channels.... Yep, it has happened to me... probably more times than I care to admit! :eek:

Last edited:
So when would you need a splitter that passes power only to one port? Will my setup not work because I have the one-port splitter coming from SatAV? I guess I don't understand diode-steering. Sorry, Vanalex, I didn't mean to send you in the wrong direction.

So when would you need a splitter that passes power only to one port?

Use a 1ppp when one receiver is powering and/or controlling LNBF polarity or motor control and the second receiver is only a slave.

Use an Allppp if only one receiver will be powered at a time and both receivers are configured to power and/or control LNBF polarity or motor control.

No problems Panavision was all in good faith and I will be changing the order this morning as soon as the west coast catches up on time with us here in the East. Watching the clock tick away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts