replaytv 5504 and DTV sony b-55...another thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

flightguy

Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
I'm sure this was covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find a thread anywhere about it. I have a 5504 replaytv, and hooked up to the serial port on my sony b-55 directv reciever. I've tried to find something on the sat receiver for serial, but there's nothing in the menus that I've been able to find. In the replay setup, I have switched it from IR, and tried both the serial, and the serial (APG), but neither have worked. Any ideas that I can't seem to come up with?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys...flightguy. I have 2 5040S upgraded and just ordered a 5504 today(missed out on the 5080's day before yesterday) have you checked Planet Replay or Avsforums for more info? I have not messed with serial port connections myself(my current sat receivers do not have them) there are Replay folks here, and I'm sure more knowledgeable than I but...

believe it or not, I just got it to work. don't know exactly what was wrong with it, but it's working now. the only problem is that I am no longer getting the current programming that's on. But that may just be a limitation of the b-55...I don't know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts